Songs used for Ringtones
csummerlin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am assuming you can no longer use a song as a ringtone with JB?

0 Likes
Re: Songs used for Ringtones
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You still can use a song for a ringtone. You need to save the song to the internal storage in Media>Audio>Ringtone (if the folder does not exist you need to create it) Once the song is in the folder on the internal storage (NOT the SD Card) you can select it as the ringtone and it will stay there. If it is not in the Ringtone folder, you will NOT be able to find it as a ringtone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Starting with ICS, the OS usually creates folders in the top directory of the storage space for ringtones, notifications, and alarms ... you don't have to create the Media folder.

I was able to use ringtones/notifications when stored on the SD card while on ICS and they also worked on JB until I rebooted the phone ... now they don't.  Smiley Sad   Had to move them to internal storage.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

HmmHum interesting.. Course i don't save Music that Much as i Did i like my Swacker and WinAmp   when i'm jamming to the Music.. b 

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Exactly. However on the internal storage in the Media/Audio folder there are only 2 sub-folders (at least on my phone) and I am not sure which ones they are. I know on mine I had to add the other 2 in order to have all 4

Ringtone

Notification

Alarm

MP3

You are also correct that with ICS it did not matter and you could run your sounds directly from the SD Card and with JB when you reboot or connect to USB the sounds will only stay planted if you have them on the Internal Storage.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I do not have a Media/Audio folder on my phone's internal storage.  As noted earlier, beginning with ICS, the OS created folders in the main directory:

Alarms

Music

Notifications

Ringtones

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I had to go the long way around the Barn sort of speak Jake to find were to shut off the Internal speaker for Audio and Headphones since i'm using the EQ app as alternative having both can cause conflicts but once i got it shut off the phone sounds pretty Good the only thing that peve's me is that little snapping sound that comes from my Maxx's No matter what i do it still exist from the first Day i got them..

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some Bionic owners reported a hissing in the headphones (I never had it), ICS cleared it up for a lot of folks.  I've read that others lost it when they updated to JB.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cool.!  i think i read that too.. Some wear

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Interesting. Mine created the Media Folder with Audio inside of it and then 2 of the folders. I added the other 2 and now it works fine.

0 Likes