Static issues
salters9586

My wife has a Samsung Droid Charge that I got her for Christmas last year. There have been issues as of late with her receiving static on her calls. I have looked at her phone and it is running the latest updates and firmware. Hard resets don't work and I've turned off 4G and that doesn't work either. I've looked at other discussion threads and this seems like a major issue with this phone. Even after people have gotten replacement phones. Does anyone know where Verizon or Samsung is on fixing this issue. It's great having a "smartphone", but lets remember that it is a phone first and foremost. If she can't have conversations on it because of the static then it's worthless. I'd rather not have to go to Verizon and get "ugly" with them for not having a product that works. I've been with them for years and have been satisfied with there service. This is the first phone that I've purchased that has not lived up to expectations.

0 Likes
Re: Static issues
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

check the kernel version - should end with "FP1".  that update supposedly fixed the static issue.  although, I have never experienced it myself.

0 Likes
KK1995

What is the "kernal version" you are talking about? I just got the phone and mine is doing the same thing and I am past the 14 days to return it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The kernel information can be found in the About Phone section of the main phone settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Shal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experiencing this same problem. I call cus service and they had me dial 832 after every call it happened on for 5 days. Supposedly they have issued a ticket for the issue but I have yet to hear anything from them. It's very annoying and frustrating to have a phone that you can't talk on. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
JPHBucks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately not true.  I've never experienced this problem until the last week or so, and now not on every call (about one of every four calls has the problem).  I have kernel FP1.

0 Likes
KK1995

I have the kernel fp1 also. So what do you do now?

Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

don't worry about the 14 day policy, as you are still under the 1-year warranty.  if you are still having static issues, simply take your phone in to a VZW store and have them take a look at it.  at the very least, they'll give you a new Charge (or if they do not have any, then they'll give you a different phone).

but try this first: pull the battery for 10 minutes (soft reset).  if you still have issues, then take the phone in.  they may ask to perform a hard reset (wiping all data) - this really won't do anything, but you might want to back up your contacts/messages before heading in.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

After 14 days, any phone replaced under the one year warranty will be a refurbished device or certified like new device. It won't be a new one unless that is all that is available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
StevenU

Same problem here, been going on and off for weeks already. What pisses me off is that the Tech I talked with didn't inform me that this was an ongoing issue like the battery life issue this phone has. So this makes it twice that Verizon lied to me about what is going on with my phone.

Stupid static is driving me nuts. I need my phone to make calls. I use to think Verizon was a company that would tell me the truth about what is going on, rather then give me some bullsh*t answers that don't fix the issue at all.

0 Likes