Still waiting for Droid Bionic ICS update
CurtFletcher

Should I be worried if I still haven't received it yet?  I always seem to get these things late. I am not even sure I received the update from the summer at all.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Still waiting for Droid Bionic ICS update
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes these updates take a while; have you tried manually downloading it?

0 Likes
CurtFletcher

Is that the check for updates? Every time I do that is says not available. Is there another way to download it?

Thank you.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried doing the update when you're connected to wifi?

There is another way to get it, but we can't talk about it on this forum since it's against the Terms of Service.  My suggestion is to just be patient; it should come over to your phone soon.

0 Likes
linhtp411

I'm having the same problem. It keeps saying there's no update available whereas others already updated their phones. I went on Verizon website and it says update coming soon. I was a little confused.

Software Update: DROID BIONIC by Motorola - Coming Soon!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Bionic ICS update started rolling out a few weeks ago.  It goes over the air (OTA) in waves, so it can take a while before you get it.  You can also check manually by going into your phone settings under 'about phone' and clicking on 'system updates' (do this when connected to wifi and the phone is fully charged and connected to a wall charger before downloading/installing the update since it can take a while and is a big update).

0 Likes
linhtp411

I did manually but it says no updates. I've been waiting for a couple of months. I don't really like this waiting game sigh

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

linhtp411 wrote:

I did manually but it says no updates. I've been waiting for a couple of months. I don't really like this waiting game sigh

ok, technically, you've only been waiting a couple of weeks because that's how long the update has been out and going to phones OTA.  BUT, I know what you mean ... the update should have been out long ago.  Hopefully you'll get it soon.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

+1

0 Likes