Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stopped getting emails...
jt86739

I have three email accounts on my phone.  I stopped receiving emails on two of them, but still recieve for the one account.  I decided to remove my first account and reload,  which in the past has worked but is now not working.  When I go to reload it says it is already there, but when I look for it in settings> Accounts & Sync - it is not there.  My gmail is there, but I am unable to see my messages until someone sends me an email and I can review it on my data screen - then it disappears.  My google calendar is still synced as well as my work calendar.  I tried to troubleshoot, but am not good when things stop working.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Stopped getting emails...
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Are your e-mail issues with Yahoo and/or AOL, by chance?  There are a number of threads with e-mail sync issues reported the past week or two across ICS and JB phones (various models) and e-mail services (mainly Yahoo and AOL).  You might try setting your e-mail account up under 'Other', using the Yahoo Mail app from Google Play, or using a different e-mail service app.  If it's Hotmail, you might try setting it up as an Exchange account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Are your e-mail issues with Yahoo and/or AOL, by chance?  There are a number of threads with e-mail sync issues reported the past week or two across ICS and JB phones (various models) and e-mail services (mainly Yahoo and AOL).  You might try setting your e-mail account up under 'Other', using the Yahoo Mail app from Google Play, or using a different e-mail service app.  If it's Hotmail, you might try setting it up as an Exchange account.

0 Likes
jt86739

Follow Up: my email issues were with gmail and hotmail.  tikibar1 above was correct in that I had to set my email account up using 'other' under the mail icon.  I called tech support - what they explained was the droid does not allow gmail under the generic mail icon (which mine was doing for 1.5 years and all of a sudden quit).  I was able to reload hotmail under 'other' and set gmail up on it's own with the gmail icon.  I wish I could receive them all in one place like before, but I am not techy enough to download some super software to make this happen.  I am just happy to be back in touch.  Hope this helps someone else.

0 Likes