Storage almost full
frejo58

I keep getting the messages "low on space" and now "storage almost full" in my notifications.  Under "storage almost full" it says "Please make at least 512 KB free space to receive messages.  Tap to manage your ap"  I tap on it and at the top of this screen it has the column titles: Downloaded, All, On SD Card, and Running.  At the bottom of the screen it says "Internal storage" and below that it shows 250MB used and 498MB free so I don't understand why it's saying my storage is almost full.  In the "Running" column it shows processes that are running and at the bottom shows RAM of 158MB used and 209MB free.  I have uninstalled a bunch of apps, keep killing tasks with Advanced Task Killer and I still get the storage almost full message and I can't do anything except make and receive calls.  HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Storage almost full
jos639

I'm having the same problem....did you figure out how to free up storage?

0 Likes
jimperry

i have the same problem and have deleted files and pictures to free up storage to the point it should not be an issue with no success. I assume it is an update issue. for us but frejo58 listed as last year with this problem. I would like a solution besides upgrading phone, but i suspect that is what the store will say.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Everyone!

I know the importance of having storage space on your phones! Low storage space error messages drive me bananas! The error you're seeing is actually speaking to the cache memory or internal data stored on your HTC Incredible phones. I appreciate that you've all tried deleting numerous pics, files, and apps. These are very helpful steps to take. Can you also try clearing application data? Here are the steps:

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Change tab to 'All' > Clear cache/data on Browser, Social Media, and Email applications to start.

Here's a visual: http://bit.ly/sGrHv4

Any applications where you see large amounts of data stored will prove helpful in ridding your phones of the storage errors!

Thank you for being part of our community! Please let us know if you have further questions.

TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Norcalman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did all that and I still get those low on storage messages despite the fact that I'm using less than half of my total storage. The problem is not going away and is starting to affect my ability to read simple texts.

The method you describe to fix the problem is like trying to defeat a cold virus by blowing ones nose.

0 Likes