Stuck in roaming
hedy1003

I called the local store, they said to check for a new update and download it. There is no update. I called the 800#, they said to call *228 and option 2 and to clear my history and stuff. I did all that and I am still roaming. I have lived in the same house for 3 years and have never roamed on Verizon.

My internet has been running slow on my phone all morning and all morning I've been in roaming.

Any advice/tips??? Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: Stuck in roaming
sepiatones

I have a Droid Eris and mine started roaming last night around 10pm as well and is still currently stuck in roaming - even though I never left the house and I've never had roaming in the house (for what it's worth, we also have a Verizon signal booster at home.) My boyfriend also has Verizon (Samsung Omnia) and his phone isn't roaming. 

Ever since the update to the software a couple days ago (which some options aren't available now?? Like what happened to the Settings navigation bar/app?) it's been running even worse than before. 

Btw, I'm in Chicago.

Update: Did the *228 update. Seemed to have eliminated the roaming. Still running slow though.

0 Likes
Re: Stuck in roaming
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

hedy1003 and other customers with this issue, I understand how this may concern you. Roaming can cause your phone not to function in certain areas and cause additional charges. We certainly do not want that. I first have a few questions to start trouble-shooting this issue. Where are you located? I see that sepiatones advised they were in Chicago. I was unable to locate any recently reported issues in that area but we may need to look into your area hedy1003 if your having this particular issue. When your phone is roaming in the U.S. We start with basic steps, like; clearing your cache and browser history, power cycling, and removing the battery for the incredible 2.

Additionally, we also advised to check your signal connections on y our phone. To do this start with Menu>Settings> and Wireless & Networks. Make sure your mobile network is enabled with a green check mark.

If you continue to have roaming issues, we may need to speak with you to trouble-shoot further and possibly fill out a trouble-ticket for your issues. 

0 Likes