Subject Line in Text Message
EIDScada

I need to receive and reply to text messages sent to my phone from an exchange server and have the subject line included. I receive the message no problem but when I reply it does not contain the subject line.  I have Group Messaging "Use MMS to send...." checked in my message options. Is there some place else I should look?

0 Likes
Re: Subject Line in Text Message
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Text messages don't have subject lines, do they? Email messages do...

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

MMS typically can contain a subject line.  No idea where that setting is (or if it exists) on the Droid Ultra.

To the OP, have you tried composing a new MMS and seeing if that option is presented?

0 Likes
EIDScada

I agree. The settings reside with MMS.  If I send a text with subject (MMS) the subject appears in the received MMS.  I suspect when using my automated system the subject is stripped out at the @VText.com server. Thought the setting might be accessable from my account when I log into the web site but as of yet I cant seem to find it.

A little background. I work for a water district and am in the process of setting up an automated alarming system for operations. When an alarm condition occurs our system send out a message to notify the operator on call of the condition.  They can acknowledge the alarm with a reply however the subject line must be present to identify the alarm. Naturally Iphones have this setting built in but I have yet to find it in any Droid.  Found a similar issue when we tried to send the alarm notification as in email.  It had to be in "Plain Text" and the Droid only sent reply's in HTML. 

0 Likes