Sync outlook
Waveseeker

I am looking for an app or solution to sync the droid calendar with my outlook, any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Sync outlook
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Denali

I use "CompanionLink for Outlook".  It costs $49.95, but after looking at the reviews of the cheaper solutions, I decided to try this one.  You can download a 15-day free trial.  It has done a good job of syncing my Outlook calendar with my Google calendar and my Outlook contacts with People on the phone. My calendar has over 12 years of entries, so the first sync took close to an hour.  I now have it set to sync only the last 30 days, so it takes just a few seconds.

I sure wouldn't try any of these products without first backing up all the databases involved.  I can see how one could wipe out a calendar, get duplicates, etc. while configuring and testing these apps.

0 Likes
JoeKiv
Contributor - Level 1

There is a free Google plugin that syncs the Outlook 'Calendar" with Google Calendar.  I use it with Outlook 2010 on my desktop to sync with the calendar on my phone and it works perfectly.  It's an available download at google's web site.

It syncs ONLY the Calendar.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google Sync has reached its End of Life and is no longer available for download (as of Dec. 14, 2012):

http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2716936

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Android-Sync ($29.95) works well, but it doesn't currently support recurring tasks.

0 Likes
JoeKiv
Contributor - Level 1

Good information. I was unaware that this window was closing.  I'm glad that I can continue to use it, sorry that no new users can.  Maybe MS will get on board in the future with the open DAV standards.

0 Likes