Syncing with Computer
lav1031

My new Droid isn't automatically installing on my HP computer.  I can't get it to recognize it.  I have Vista- anyone have a solution?

0 Likes
Re: Syncing with Computer
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

lav1031 wrote:

My new Droid isn't automatically installing on my HP computer.  I can't get it to recognize it.  I have Vista- anyone have a solution?

do you have a memory card for the phone?

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

lav1031 wrote:

did you mount the droid to your pc?  i know some, a lot of people will know this but if you dont mount your device to your pc, you will never connect.

connect your droid to your pc, via usb cable.

your droid should say "droid". pull down the notification tab at the top of the droid

click on the "usb connected", then choose "Mount"

give your pc a chance to connect,

then go to your "computer" file in your Windows Explorer, you should see the new drive which is your droid.

sorry if you have done all this but with the limited info you gave, i have to say it.

well call this option one until you respond again

0 Likes
meister
Enthusiast - Level 3
Will is correct, just be sure to unmount the phone when done so the phone will update.
0 Likes
lav1031

I have tried this and am still not getting it to connect.

Am thinking that I have to go back to Blackberry- never had any issues with syncing.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
lav1031

It keeps sending me to Motorola to get a disc to install the driver..very frustrated- ready to give up the phone at this point- cannot get my music, calendar,...synced to this device.

0 Likes
LennyHO

If I remember correctly, there was also a message in the notification area about "USB debugging"  The message about drivers relates to this. Even though this message appeared, it still mounted the Droid to the PC correctly.   I got into "Applications/Development" settings and unchecked the "USB debugging" item.  From then on  "USB debugging" no longer showed up in the notification area and the  "drivers" message did not reappear.  The Droid then connected to the PC easily.  Hope this helps.  Just make sure to follow the directions as previously explained in this thread.  

0 Likes
old_man-58

Download Double Twist, it will sync ou music to the droid.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

lav1031 wrote:

It keeps sending me to Motorola to get a disc to install the driver..very frustrated- ready to give up the phone at this point- cannot get my music, calendar,...synced to this device.

if Lenny's suggestion doesnt work, then you could just have bad luck in getting a bad droid that somehow got through quality control.  exchange it.

0 Likes
reikiflowers
You need to get a driver from Motorola here: http://www.motorola.com/consumers/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=bda09ec8009a0210VgnVCM1000008806b00aRCRD. Once you install it (and I think you need to reboot afterwards), you should be able to transfer files to and from your Droid.
0 Likes