Talk and surf with phone
cc12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was wondering if you can talk and surf the web with the Samsung droid charge at the same time?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Talk and surf with phone
odoggg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using the data connection while on a call,

on 4G you can, but not on 3G.

The reason is that the voice calls use the 3G connection and they hijack it while you're on a call. But if you're in a 4G area, the voice call uses 3G while you can use 4G for your data.

Press home while in a call to access other apps. To return to the call screen, pull down the notification area and click on the phone icon

View solution in original post

0 Likes
droidcharge1996

Yes you can.

0 Likes
odoggg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using the data connection while on a call,

on 4G you can, but not on 3G.

The reason is that the voice calls use the 3G connection and they hijack it while you're on a call. But if you're in a 4G area, the voice call uses 3G while you can use 4G for your data.

Press home while in a call to access other apps. To return to the call screen, pull down the notification area and click on the phone icon

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, believe the Thunderbolt is the only LTE device that can do it while connected to 3G because of the chips used.  The others should be able to do it over LTE and Wifi with no problem.

0 Likes
cc12
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I can talk and surf in 4G but in 3G I need WIFI to talk and surf...is this correct?

0 Likes
rico1931

yup sounds like thats the gist of it

0 Likes
cc12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for all of your help in this matter.......

0 Likes