Tech rep recommended factory reset killed our droid incredible!
sbaker5

WARNING! My husband and I both have droid incredibles. We have had issues since October. He has a phone. I have a phone. Both phones have had issues. He got frustrated and finally contacted tech support. Upon their recommendation, he did a factory reset on his phone (they walked him through it over the phone). After 3 hours, 3 tech reps, 1 retail store, 1 corporate store and 1 supervisor escalation, his phone is useless and dead. After the reset, it wouldn't make or receive calls. Another rep made some adjustments and the call functionality worked, but 3G or data didn't work. Verizon's suggestion is to upgrade. hmmmmm??!?!? Seems a little fishy to me. They cause the issue with the software updates and factory reset and now we have to PAY for an upgrade! That just stinks!

0 Likes
Re: Tech rep recommended factory reset killed our droid incredible!
B33
Legend

Hmm! usally a factory reset does fix issues that comes with Os updates: Did He or you Try re-doing the *228 Send 1 to reprogram the phone with the system. That will program the phone plus update your Perferred Roaming List or PRL for short. I would have him try this do another FR but when he does it this time have him skip past all the stuff it ask to check an go directly to the Home paige once there then go back an enter the Gmail Account. I do this when i do a Fr on my Incredible an i do a Fr every time we had a New Os build that Came out. I also do them on my Droid X an its helped a bunch. Give this a try see if it helps any. Hopefully it works for ya! good luck B33 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

sbaker5 wrote:

WARNING! My husband and I both have droid incredibles. We have had issues since October. He has a phone. I have a phone. Both phones have had issues. He got frustrated and finally contacted tech support. Upon their recommendation, he did a factory reset on his phone (they walked him through it over the phone). After 3 hours, 3 tech reps, 1 retail store, 1 corporate store and 1 supervisor escalation, his phone is useless and dead. After the reset, it wouldn't make or receive calls. Another rep made some adjustments and the call functionality worked, but 3G or data didn't work. Verizon's suggestion is to upgrade. hmmmmm??!?!? Seems a little fishy to me. They cause the issue with the software updates and factory reset and now we have to PAY for an upgrade! That just stinks!

Did you buy the devices from Verizon or an outside source?  Was there a point in time the phone was ever rooted?  Have you tried using the stock factory RUU and bringing back to factory(This will format everything and put it back to how it was as if you got it in the box and does it better than the device will)?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tidbits i'm glad you ask them that: > i had that stiring in my head but forgot to ask... B33

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Look for a PM from me in an hour or so. I need to dig out my Incredible to help ya.

I will get ya up and running. Hopefully.

0 Likes
sbaker5

Yes,they he worked with 3 techs and they tried that solution over and over again to no avail!

0 Likes
sbaker5

Did you buy the devices from Verizon or an outside source? YES, from a Verizon store.

Was there a point in time the phone was ever rooted?  NO, don't even know what that means.

Have you tried using the stock factory RUU and bringing back to factory(This will format everything and put it back to how it was as if you got it in the box and does it better than the device will)? he talked with 3 tech reps and we even went into the corporate store. They tried everything. The crazy part is I have a droid incredible with the same issues but I don't want to do the same thing as he did for fear of it doing the same thing to my phone. Verizon says I should have 4.08 software, but I only have 4.06. My system says up to date, but clearly it is not. They say the factory reset is the only way to get a new system update. Didn't work too well for my husband. His phone is dead now.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Well make sure ALL areas in the PM are checked. If one is left, data or messaging  will not work.

0 Likes
sbaker5

We still have his phone but they transferred service to a temp phone (and a crappy one at that as the charger cord was frayed....nice). He uses his phone for business. Can we still try to save it if they transferred service to the temp phone?

0 Likes
sbaker5

I am sorry for being uneducated about this. what is the PM?

0 Likes