Terrible signal help
njemt

I have an HTC Droid 2 and the signal is terrible.  I've updated my roaming and even downloaded an app for signal strength.  Is this a knows problem with Droid or do I have yet another faulty phone?

0 Likes
Re: Terrible signal help
JonDoh
Contributor - Level 1

I'm assuming you're talking about the Droid Incredible 2 as this is the Incredible 2 forum.  There has been a lot of discussion about reception problems.  The VW reps here play dumb and pretend they know nothing about this and tell everybody to dial *228 - they're cure all solution for every problem.  The fact is it has a design problem, which HTC has acknowledged to me.  They told me they were working on a software update and sure enough one was released a month or so ago which resulted in changing the number of bars from four to five so the phone would have the appearance of having a stronger signal.  In other words, this is HTC's version of *228 snake oil.  The db's haven't improved with the update and that's what counts.  That and continued poor reception and horrible sound quality. 

Verizon customers need to remember how they were treated on this issue when their contracts are up for renewal.

0 Likes
njemt

Thanks for the reply. Yes, Droid 2. I haven't bothered contacting Verizon because I figured that's what they'd say. I had a Droid global with problems and after my 3rd "refurbished, new conditioned" replacement, I was able to get a new phone so got this one....I like the Droid type phone but should have stuck with blackberry...didn't have these problems.

I had read that you can do something with a copper wire to improve signal but I'm afraid to try it. So frustrating!

0 Likes
JonDoh
Contributor - Level 1

I too l like the Android OS, but have found coming from an iPhone that the build quality of Android phones is very poor as is the reception on most of them.  I think Motorola phones get good reception, but still suffer from average build quality.  i wanted to try something different having owned two iPhones and wanted to have a little bigger screen.  My next phone will definitely be an iPhone as I've simply had too many issues with this phone.

There is a video on Youtube which shows how to place aluminum foil strips in the back cover to improve reception.  The phone is the Incredible S, which is the non US version of the Incredible 2.  I've been reluctant to modify my phone as I"m concerned about increasing the RF, which is already very high with this phone.  Anyway, good luck to you -we're all in the same boat with this phone.

Here is the link to the Youtube video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHIdl1qrdkc

0 Likes