Text Messages - Contact Name has disappeared
Charmie

In my text messages my contact names are no longer listed - now it merely states the phone number.  please tell me how to correct?????

0 Likes
Re: Text Messages - Contact Name has disappeared
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Greetings Charmie! I would love to help you with the issue you're experiencing on your Incredible 2. If I understand correctly, your incoming messages show only the originating phone number, not the name of the contact. This behavior could be the result of getting messages from a known contact using a phone number that has not yet been loaded to your list or the result of using a messaging app that has not yet been configured to pull data from your contact list. I would recommend looking at either of those as a reason for this issue. If that doesn't resolve it, please let me know by posting to this thread to by sending me a personal message through this forum. Thanks!

0 Likes
Charmie

I have tried this, but all the numbers are stored in my phone and they have just disappeared in text messages.

please advise.

0 Likes
zachp243
Im having the same problem... It all of a
sudden started doing it, not sure why it would... Tried restarting (while taking the battery out) and still have the problem..
0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Charmie, are you using the preloaded messaging application or a custom app that was downloaded to the phone after activation?

0 Likes
marleyfunk

I am having the same issue. It was working fine until this morning when the names on my past text messages disappeared. I still have all of the names in my contacts linked and the picture of the contact appears with the text, just not the name. Anyone have any luck with fixing this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Open People, press the Menu key, select View, and make sure "Only With Phone Number" is not checked.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

@zachp243,

I'm here to help. But I need additional information to further assist you. What phone do you have? Please provide more detailed information regarding your issue. Are the contacts gone on your phone? Or is it your messaging log not showing the name of the contact who send a text?

Please post back with the answers to the above questions if you are still having this issue. I'll be more than happy to further assist you.

0 Likes
rkbryan

I've only had this phone for 10 days and I'm having the same problem.  Text messages only show phone numbers and not contact names.  All of my contacts have a 10 digit phone number.  The phone is HTC Incredible 2. Android version is 2.3.4.  HTC Sense version is 2.1.

0 Likes
Charmie

I have an Incredible 2, the contacts are still there just they do not appear in text messages also my phone application will not come up at all.  These two issues happened at the same time.

I did not download any application for my contacts.

PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes