Re: Text Messages - Contact Name has disappeared
byg

Has this ever been resolved?  I am having the same issues!

0 Likes
estioney

I have had my Incredible 2 for one week. This started on the second day. Of the 20 people who have text me this week one person has their name associated with the message. I have found nothing special about her entry under people.

eta

i tried exporting my contacts then importing them again. That worked for a handful of contacts. Still don't know why.

0 Likes
Gores95

This also happens to my iPhone occasionally. The fix is to dial *228 the select option 1. After it completes I hang up and close out my phone and message apps on the iPhone. I wait 5 minutes and it is fixed. Not sure if it will work on a Droid but assuming it will!

0 Likes
azmontanagirl

never fixed mine, i tried it as well in the past

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi azmontanagirl!  Sorry this didn’t work for you in the past!  Let’s see how we can fix this for you.  What model phone do you have?  How are your contacts syncing to your device, Google/Gmail or Backup Assistant?  Let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
azmontanagirl

Hi there I am using back up assistant plus and have gmail which is backing

up at times. My contacts keep disappearing and sometimes appearing but

most often not. I have made sure all the back ups are correct. It is a

Droid incredible 2

Thanks

lindsay

On Jun 5, 2012 4:51 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
gti_

I un-synced from Facebook because I don't like the pictures changing all the time [don't know if this is related] and then ran the back up assistant (go to phone book where all your contacts are listed - press the menu button - then press Back Up and it will run). After this I restarted my phone and when it came back up, the contact pictures updated for all the messed up contacts in my SMS list.

Hopefully it works for you!

0 Likes