Text Messages
TommiiGurl

For the last couple of days I haven't been able to view a text sent by one of my contacts but I can view messages from others. Whenever I try to view the text from the contact I can't see it just will stay on the loading screen. I've told them to text me a try to open it that way because it works most of the time, but it didn't work. I tried taking the battery out and turning it back on again and that doesn't work either. Also when I try to open that one contacts messages and then try to open another it won't work, but if I open the others after I turn off my phone then they will open useless they text me.

0 Likes
Re: Text Messages
Jamie1115

Did you ever get an answer to this?  I'm having the exact same issue with only one of my contacts tonight and it is driving me nuts!!

0 Likes
Re: Text Messages
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello TommiiGurlJamie1115!

I would like to assist you both with resolving the issues of opening and replying to text messages.

This can occur when the message thread starts to fill up.  There are a couple of steps you can perform to alleviate this issue.  First, I suggest resetting the Messages and Messages Widget applications.  If the problem persists after resetting the applications, please delete as many messages within the longer message threads to allow more space.  This should take care of the issue with the "loading screen", and allow the message to populate as normal.

I hope I have answered your questions, and have addressed your concerns.

0 Likes