Text message notifications only come sporadically Droid 3
ragingpixie

My Droid 3 is three months old and has started having notification issues. I have all notifications and settings turned ON for text messaging, but I only get a notification in the status bar once in a while. Otherwise, I'm forced to unlock my phone, go to Text Messaging, and check there to see if I have an unread text. The green LED light doesn't blink every time, either. I can't find any indication that this is a known issue, and I'm four days away from my 90-day return deadline to Costco.

Any other users with this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Text message notifications only come sporadically Droid 3
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello ragingpixie,

I’ve researched the difficulty you’re experiencing and this is not a commonly reported issue. I do have additional questions so I can better assist. Are you using the preinstalled messaging application or a 3rd party application? If you’re using a 3rd party application please remove and retest. Are you experiencing other notification issues or is it just with text messages? Please make sure your notification is turned on by going to Text Messaging > Menu > Messaging Settings > Notification Settings > Notification.

Thanks,

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ragingpixie

Hi Daisy -

I'm using the stock messaging app. I've never installed any third party apps for that at all. I've rebooted the phone, I've cleared all cache and data, and I've taken out the battery. This issue is only occurring with text messages and not any other notification. All notifications are turned to ON, including text messaging.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello ragingpixie!

Thank you for getting back to us! We don't want you to miss important text messages! I know it's a pain to have to check your phone all the time. Did this issue start right away, or was it after you started to install applications on the device?  You can try running your phone in safe mode, if the issue doesn't appear while in this mode, we know it's an application problem. If the issues occurs while the safe mode is turned on, you can master reset the device. I have provided the steps for both below. Let us know if this fixes the issue for you. We are happy to provide any additional assistance you may need!

Safe Mode Steps: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=44874

Master Reset Steps: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=44747

Thanks again!

Katie H

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes