Text messages not going thru to certain #
babooo26

For some reason whenever i send a text to a specific # they don't receive it. I can receive texts from them and call the #, so I know it wasn't blocked but for some reason they do not get my texts  even though it shows it went thru. Any suggestions??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text messages not going thru to certain #
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You deserve to have a properly working phone for your text messages, baboo26. The best thing to do is to contact our Technical Department at 800-922-0204 from another phone other than your cellular phone. Once speaking with you in real time we can test the phone out with you to see what can help resolve this.
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Babooo26, you came to the right place and let's get to work on getting your text messaging back to normal. I know how important text communication is these days. When did this issue start? Does the other person have Verizon Wireless?

GersonGnG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
babooo26

It started on thrus 11/12...no, they do not have Verizon. It's just weird cause there only seems to be a problem texting to this 1 number, I get the texts they send and can call them, they just don't get my texts

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this additional information as it relates to not being able to get your text message, Babooo26. Let’s continue to work on this issue so those important texts are able to be received by the other person. Do you know if the other person is also having issues receiving messages from others? Are you using a texting app or the texting app that came with your device? 
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZVZWpport
If my response anVZWSupportr thrsEdwinWWeVZW click the �Correct Answer� button unde�CorrectpAnswer�his ensures others can benefit fro�CorrectnAnswer�on. Thankfro�CorrectnAnswer�on help with this!!

0 Likes
babooo26

As far as I know its just my texts they don't get... I was using the messenger device that came with the phone,  but just downloaded the Verizon message app a few days ago and tried to send a txt to them again and it just said sent but never said it was delivered like the other texts I sent with  this app to other people..  So I just don't know what the problem is???

0 Likes
babooo26

OK I found out that person has metro pcs....this same problem happened with another friend today, but not sure who their carrier is...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sure we will get to the bottom of this baboo26. I want your friends to be able to get your messages. I do appreciate you downloading the Verizon Messages application.  Are you able to find out if the other person has MetroPC as well? I am wondering if it is something going on with that carrier possibly. You can try to remove them as a contact and send them a message without adding them to your contact list. and let me know if that works.
AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
babooo26

OK, so I tried that but they still didn't get them, txt just says "sent" but never says "delivered" like my other txts do....and I don't know yet who my other friends carrier is

0 Likes
babooo26

Should I just do a factory reset or something? I won't lose all my stuff if its backed up, right??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

babooo26,

This is quite the conundrum. Are your friends having issues getting message from any one else?  What type of phones do they have? Have you tried deleting the message threads from both phones?
DerekR_VZW

0 Likes