Text not sent
Hugh7911

So after the Gingerbread update I have been having text issuews with the stock app and handcent.  Every few days I will get a text message not sent error after trying to send a text.  The only way it will start sending texts again is if I reboot and then I get the error again a few days later.  It is really annoying.  I've tried clearing stock cache.  any suggestions?  Also, is verizon planning on releaseing an update to fix the gingerbread bugs?

0 Likes
Re: Text not sent
Hugh7911

also pulled battery for 10 minutes then did the *228 update with option 2

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

cute stage name

[Original poster's inappropriate screen name changed]

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

I can't take your question seriously with that username.

[Original poster's inappropriate screen name changed]

Sometimes you just don't get service when sending texts. Nothing you can do, you've already tried the normal troubleshooting tips. It's just that either you, or the recipient do not have service at that time. Or the network is crowded.

As far as updates, Honeycomb should be the next one, if not Ice Cream Sandwich

0 Likes
gej1
Contributor - Level 1

When it doesn't send text reboot phone and go back to text that didn't send hold finger on the text and another menu will pop up with several options you can resend it or delete it. At least you can get rid or error messages.

Gary

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hugh7911, thank you for your community and thanks to everyone who helped. 

One thing I have noticed with Handcent is that it gives an option to send a delivery report, but the stock text messaging app does not. The phone may be trying to send a delivery report when it doesn't support it. Go into Handcent, press the Menu button, More, Undelivered. Delete any undelivered messages then power cycle the phone. Try sending a text message from the default text messaging app and see if that resolves the errors. 

0 Likes