Text receiving issues.
athomp318

Who has recently had luck unblocking all of their incoming messages? The first time i rebooted and got 5 days worth, but now i haven't gotten a text in 5 days. And know i have been texted...

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text receiving issues.
Not applicable

Thanks dewaalian, this hotfix will allow SMS to come thru, but the issue could reoccur. I would still recommend making sure the device has the current software version and if not, a master reset will be needed. For a temporary fix of the SMS issue, please download this file to your phone.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello athomp318, welcome to the community! I can certainly assist with your incoming messages. You stated you were trying to unblock your SMS, did you previously have a block for text messages? What software and baseband version do you have in Settings>About phone? The current version is 4.08, if you have 4.06, please try updating your software. If the phone says no update available, try clearing some memory, reboot phone and check for updates again. If still no messages coming thru and the phone does not have the newest software version, I suggest completing a factory reset. This will reset the phone to default settings and wipe all data. You want to make sure your contacts, pictures and videos are backed up. This will allow you to receive text and install the new update.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
dewaalian

After reading all these blog entries on the text messaging issue (we had the same problem) it occured to me that it was not a Verizon problem - rather an HTC problem (the manufacturer).  I contacted HTC Support and after diagnosing the problem, they gave us instructions to download a patch which corrected the problem and all the blocked texts came flooding in!     So, call HTC Support - the number is below.

GIVE US A RING
866-449-8358 (North America)
            6 a.m. to 1 a.m. Eastern Time (every day)           
0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks dewaalian, this hotfix will allow SMS to come thru, but the issue could reoccur. I would still recommend making sure the device has the current software version and if not, a master reset will be needed. For a temporary fix of the SMS issue, please download this file to your phone.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes