Texting hangs my DROID2 global
etdroid

i have had my phone for about a year and I do a lot of texting on it without an problems. All of a sudden it seems to have a problem texting. I type in 10-12 characters and the thing freezes. I can close the keyboard and that "resets" the phone. It is running 2.3.3. Is anyone aware of any patches or fixes for this issue?? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texting hangs my DROID2 global
Zandermill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi.

Do the following with your device.

Go into Settings -> Applications -> Running Applications -> All.

Find your Dialer, go into it, hit Force Close / Stop.

Then slide down until you find Multi Media Keyboard.  Go into it, Clear the cache, then force close it.

Hit the home button, and resume texting.

Until they fix the bug you'll have to do this once every two months, as the keyboard hangs up.

Peace.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Zandermill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi.

Do the following with your device.

Go into Settings -> Applications -> Running Applications -> All.

Find your Dialer, go into it, hit Force Close / Stop.

Then slide down until you find Multi Media Keyboard.  Go into it, Clear the cache, then force close it.

Hit the home button, and resume texting.

Until they fix the bug you'll have to do this once every two months, as the keyboard hangs up.

Peace.

0 Likes
etdroid

Thanks. Your suggestion seems to have fixed it for now!!  

0 Likes
lauriern2

When I text it will let me put in a word or two then jumps to another screen.  Sometimes it jumps in the middle of my words even.  it makes texting almost impossible. Is this the same problem or something different??

Thanks

0 Likes
bonitta
Enthusiast - Level 2

WOW!  This must be happening to all Motorola Droid 2's purchased over a year ago.  I just posted the solution.  See previous post by me.

0 Likes
bonitta
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clearing the cache didn't work for me. 

Go into Settings -> Applications -> Running Applications -> All

Locate Multi-touch keyboard and clear data.

0 Likes
jdgdroid

How To Fix Freezing Multi Touch Keyboard - from Verizon Knowledgebase

Reset Application - DROID2 Global by Motorola

If you find that your multi touch keyboard freezes during various inputs on various applications then

review the following Verizon Knowledgebase article

e.g. keyboard freezes in text messaging when you enter punctuation in the text message app

e.g. you find that com.android.inputmethod.latin is a running task and consuming high CPU percentage.

NOTE - when you are scrolling through "All" applications you select the Multi Touch Keyboard application.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=37653&sayt=reset%20application...

It also recommends a soft or hard reset after performning the above steps.

"Soft resetting" = http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=37629&sayt=soft%20reset%20droi...

"Removing the battery" = http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=37704

0 Likes
kates242424
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks so much for the info. Clearing data worked for me. I was having the same problem as everyone else it appears.

0 Likes