Texting is not working
bgleas

I have not been receiving all of the texts that have been sent to me.  This has been happening seemingly at random times from any of my contacts.  Recently more and more texts have been lost, and not all of my texts are being received by others (even though my phone says they are sent).

I have tried removing sim card and battery for 15 minutes, and replacing/removing downloaded texting apps, and nothing has worked.

Is this something that can be fixed? Or do I need a new phone?

0 Likes
Re: Texting is not working
susan45066

I have had the same texting issues.  I have had to do the same thing and even have gone as far as doing a factory reset on the phone.  It helped me for a little while but I still have the occasional message this is not getting thru and I will lose all of my network connection.  I won't have 3G or 4G.  Nothing.  In addition to that, I am now having issues with taking pictures and if the flash is on my phone completely freezes up and shuts off.  I am not happy with the phone at all at this point.

You may want to try to do a factory reset on your phone.  I wish you the best of luck with your phone.

0 Likes
jpn1

my text is not working either and I cant call either.

0 Likes
barefoot_baby
Enthusiast - Level 2

My texting just shuts down when I'm using it. I'll be in the middle of a text and my phone will shut it off, or I can't get to a text message because it continually closes that screen.

0 Likes
ducttape
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep. this issue has just started with my phone after apparently no issues for a year. With all the complaints, Verizon MUST know about it and is either ignoring it or blaming someone else. Regardless they do not have a real answer and their silence on these "support" forums is very telling. I will be reporting this issue and lack of response to the NYS Public Service Commission as well as undertaking all legal remedies. If everyone would do the same, maybe verizon might start taking this seriously.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bgleas,

I know not being able to text consistently is an big inconvenience. Is this still an issue for you? If so, please go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Messaging > then tap 'Clear Cache' and 'Clear Data', then back out and reboot the device. You should see the messaging improve. If you are using a third part texting application such as Handcent, please remove and try using the built-in texting application. Keep me posted if this continues.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes