The battery on my droid recently ran out and now everytime I try and turn it back on, the screen comes up but its all black and it says "No service" and "connect to a charger" then it turns off. Is there anyway I can get this resolved online?
acb90

The battery on my droid recently ran out and now everytime I try and turn it back on, the screen comes up but its all black and it says "No service" and "connect to a charger" then it turns off.  Is there anyway I can get this resolved online?

0 Likes
Re: The battery on my droid recently ran out and now everytime I try and turn it back on, the screen comes up but its all black and it says "No service" and "connect to a charger" then it turns off. Is there anyway I can get this resolved online?
Cody21
Master - Level 2

So, I'll ask the obvious first:  After you drained the battery, did you plug it into the AC Charger that plugs into the Wall? Did you leave it powered off and see the green Battery Charging image that shows a percentage while it's charging? And allow it to get to 100% charged? If so, try a Battery Pull. Leave it out for like 3-5 mins, reinsert, and power it up. What happens?

0 Likes
Re: The battery on my droid recently ran out and now everytime I try and turn it back on, the screen comes up but its all black and it says "No service" and "connect to a charger" then it turns off. Is there anyway I can get this resolved online?
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Also, try these 2 things:

- Pull Battery. Press & Hold the POWER BUTTON for 10 secs.( this will 'discharge' any held-over charging info). Put battery back in & try to power it up.

if THAT doesn't work, with battery in the phone, try plugging into a PC using your USB. Sometimes this will cause a boot into recovery mode. If this works just select reboot & disconnect from the USB and it hopefully should all function now.

Let us know.

0 Likes
acb90

I tried both the AC charger and the charger that plugs into my laptop.  Every time that black screen came up it would shut off afterwards, so I would see that green light and the charging image, however I did not allow it to get too 100%.  I tried a battery pull, but it wasn't for 3-5 minutes.  I'll try these and get back to you.

0 Likes
acb90

Again this only started recently so I haven't tried everything.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

If you can, definitely do a FULL 100% Charge using the AC Charging outlet.

0 Likes
mort78
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you allowed your battery to go completely dead (less than 15%) plugging it into a laptop is as useful as skiing in the Sahara Desert. In short, forget it. You need to charge it with the supplied wall charger. Once you plug it into the supplied wall charger, you MUST wait for at least, at a minimum, four hours. This should be ample time to give it enough juice so that you may turn it back on. I emphasized the supplied wall charger because if you are using a third party charger, it may not work. Not all chargers are created equal, even though they may have similar USB plugs. Make sure its a Motorola wall charger and not a brand X wall charger.

0 Likes
Re: The battery on my droid recently ran out and now everytime I try and turn it back on, the screen comes up but its all black and it says "No service" and "connect to a charger" then it turns off.  Is there anyway I can get this resolved online?
acb90

I tried everything thus far and it still won't turn on.  I have an AC charger but its not the supplied charger (still a motorola charger though).

0 Likes
Re: The battery on my droid recently ran out and now everytime I try and turn it back on, the screen comes up but its all black and it says "No service" and "connect to a charger" then it turns off.  Is there anyway I can get this resolved online?
Cody21
Master - Level 2

hmmm... "not the supplied charger" ?  OEM charges are known to have issues - especially when the battery is drained. I would just take it into a Verizon store and show the issue to the technician in the store -   or try to get your hands on a charger that comes with the phone ... maybe a friend or someone who also has a DX ?  good luck.

0 Likes
acb90

Found my supplied charger.   I'll do another 100% charge and see how it works out.

0 Likes