Re: The news we been waitin' for
n0yxl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is it here yet?  I didn't miss it; did I? :smileytongue:

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Wow is it just me or is this not the longest week ever.  I mean it is almost nine days long now.  Crazy. 

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Well, now at least they're setting our expectations more accurately...

Motorola Software Upgrade News

0 Likes
n0yxl
Enthusiast - Level 3

logicman wrote:

Well, now at least they're setting our expectations more accurately...

Motorola Software Upgrade News

Repost.   That news is at least 2 days old now....:smileytongue:

fezzik: I feel the same way. :smileysad:

"update coming soon" - LMAO

0 Likes
Big_Red_Loyal

HTC did announce the Eris, along with their other Hero series phones, will be updated to 2.1, though no timeline.

It seems Moto jumped the gun announcing their 2.1 update, probably without consulting Big Red. My GUESS, VZW has it in a test phase.

0 Likes
axel_2078
Contributor - Level 2

"Update coming soon"....seriously?  Why not just say  "Update coming eventually...maybe" At least that would be honest.  I don't even have an Android device yet, but I'm getting tired of VZW dangling the carrot in front of us.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

Big_Red_Loyal wrote:

It seems Moto jumped the gun announcing their 2.1 update, probably without consulting Big Red..

Well for cryin' out loud man...give 'em the green light, will ya??   :smileywink:

D Dave

0 Likes
BigMo007

At least they outlined their plans. Better than speculation and rumors. And give VZW a break, they depend on Motorola to prepare the package to ensure all the bugs have been worked out. Lets just sit back and patiently wait. I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

According to Matt, one of the Forums Managers of the Motorola forum:

"... And in this particular case, I would say the reason we have "soon" there for Droid vs. "Q1 2010" is because Q1 makes it sound like it could be late March and we expect it much sooner than that."

0 Likes
Has the 2.1 OTA update started???
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

A member of the Motorola Droid forum posted a video allegedly showing his Droid updated to 2.1 via OTA. Check it out here.

0 Likes