Re: The not so INCREDIBLE... HTC Incredible Reboot Issue
wingsrl

I live in Michigan and my phone reboots at least 3 times a day.  My phone was pre-ordered when it went on sale.  Was thinking it was a bad batch of phones but this issue is wide spread, occuring in many areas with new and old phones.  Verizon customer service isn't much of a help.  Always the sames answer, take out battery, factory reset...blah blah blah!  Hopefully HTC/Verizon is working on a fix.

0 Likes
donaldm823
Enthusiast - Level 3

My new phone of 45 days was replaced due to reboot issues and then the cell freezing on the HTC screen during the bootup-even after several factory resets.  The only way to fix was pull the battery.  My old cell also got 'hot' when it stuck on reboot.

My new HTC Incredible of 2 weeks still periodically reboots (2x per day), but it completes the reboot successfully.  I am hoping the reboot will be fixed by 2.2.  I am also hoping that I had a bad Incredible since it would not reboot successfully

0 Likes
kmouse65

OK, so I am on my 4th phone because of rebooting several times a day while I am in a low signal area (yes NC)

I figured I have nothing too loose to try this... 3 days have gone by and NO reboot!!!

This is a GREAT phone, just irritating that VZW or HTC has no fix for this as yet and deny that there is in fact a problem...

0 Likes
alotonmymind

Wow IM sorry to hear so many reboot issues. I hope they fix this problem soon. Guess I was one of the lucky  ones, good luck to all of you that have had this issue

0 Likes
DesertSun61

I got tired of my first HTC Droid Incredible rebooting constantly, then it finally got to the point it wouldn't function at all.  I just received the replacement today and guess what?  It got as far as doing the programming for my phone #, went to bad static, lost the call, and started rebooting.  The first 5x, it would get as far as the SD card setup before it would start rebooting, from time #6 onward, it's in the full reboot constantly mode like my original phone.  I havn't even got the first bad one sent back and the second one is already bad.  Wow.  I guess they're just cleaning up returned phones, cranking them back out and hoping they work, as the problem obviously hasn't been fixed.  I've started my own log to keep track of the calls to customer service and now I guess I'll have to start adding the Fedex tracking numbers, just to keep them straight.  I'm too tired right now to even think of dealing with customer service again, so will defer to the morning.  It's really hard to believe there's this big of a problem and Verizon and HTC don't seem to be all that concerned about it.  This is my first experience with HTC and I'm ready to go back to Motorola.  But if Verizon is knowingly shipping bad phones, that could certainly push me to dumping Verizon completely, and that's after over 10 years of doing business with them.  Is ANYbody having any luck with replacement Incredibles?

0 Likes
scottharmon
0 Likes
mcgrath9303

Mine kept rebooting so I took to the store and they did a "hard" reboot so I lost everything and had to reinstall all aps. Still having problems with the reboot. I am about to take it back and exchange to something else...can't take this random rebooting!!!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

mcgrath9303 wrote:

Mine kept rebooting so I took to the store and they did a "hard" reboot so I lost everything and had to reinstall all aps. Still having problems with the reboot. I am about to take it back and exchange to something else...can't take this random rebooting!!!

How long have you had the device? If over 30 days, you can exchange, but only for the same device. Also, this will be done via Fed-Ex. Most stores no longer handle exchanges.

0 Likes
rayho0716

Have you guys did use customize ROM code?

0 Likes
larossmann

I disagree with this being related to signal strength as it has happened to mine twice in airplane mode. It has been happening more lately. If it had anything to do with signal strength, it wouldn't occur when background data sync is turned off, and airplane mode is on. It was being used as a music player on the subway.

This is getting annoying, and it seems clear from this thread it's an issue with the phone as it happens on replacements.

0 Likes