Re: The not so INCREDIBLE... HTC Incredible Reboot Issue
Lesmchl

So should each of us report the issue?  To keep the tickets ongoing?  My reboots are getting more and more frequent.

0 Likes
jhsphx

Spoke to Verizon yesterday. 

Was told that reboot issue on HTC Incredible has been tracked to a bad batch of phones.  

Since I received my HTC I via mail within last 30 days, the Service Rep declared my phone DOA (dramatic isn't it?).  I can now take it back to the Verizon Experience store for new phone (not likely given backorder status) or a loaner until replacement is available.  IF I had reported this problem at Day 31 or later, it would be a much more cumbersome warranty replacement issue / process. 

Verizon needs to do right by the HTC Incredible owners that find themselves without working phones (that is what the frequency of my HTC I reboots has resulted in...)

0 Likes
mswtaz

I am now on my second Incredible.  I purchased the first during the presale on line.  It was ok for about two weeks then the scenes would change on its own, I couldn't lay it on a table and use it (wouldn't respond), the locked screen would not unlock.  It was very frustrating.  Got my new one in the mail today.  Hope it works better.  I think someone used my phone before I got it as it alread had apps downloaded (Mabilo, Flixster, bookmarks).  Verizon said the Quality Control people try them out but are supposed to factory reset them after.  I also did not get the VZ CD the first time.  I didn't know I was supposed to get one until I opened up the new one.

0 Likes
airgreek

Ok I am on my FOURTH replacement.  My first one had the reboot issue.  My second one would not charge.  My third one had the reboot issue.  My fourth one had a bad touch screen keyboard meaning a few keys did not work even after calibration, cold reset, etc.  I am back to using my third one for th etime being.  I average about 3 reboots a day.  I am SO **bleep** at this point because of Verizon's inability to be able to deliver ot me a 100% working device!  I left AT&T because of the dropped calls and monthly changing bills, but I LOVED the IPHONES which I owned every release.  Now I have the opposite problem.  I love Verizon but can not seem to find the phone that works right!

0 Likes
butterybeez

After purchasing my incredible it also started to reboot by it self, mainly at my work though. After i started to realize it rebooting 5-10 times a day i called the store where i bought it and told them to order me a new one. I got the new one and it started to reboot again. So now i've come to believe it's signal issues unless i'm really unlucky and got 2 bad incredibles. either way, i'm a bit relieved to see that others have been complaining too. VERIZON WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO??????

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I dont know if it is a weak signal issue.

I avg at home -93 to -100 and switch between 5 towers consistently, yet I have never had a reboot issue.

0 Likes
dboehm7

Had the phone for a month and a half. No boot problems until last week. Phone rebooted automatically once. I started looking through settings and noted it did not recognize my microSD card. A few minutes later it rebooted automatically again and did not come out of the loop where I would see the HTC Brilliant and then Verison flame looking stuff or whatever it is back and forth never ending. I pulled the battery to kill it. Replaced my microSD card (which I confirmed was truly dead later) based upon it not being recognized when I was checking settings earlier with a new one. Phone booted fine and have not had any issues since.

0 Likes
kidsmakeyoucraz

I'm having similar issues.  My phone is rebooting once or twice a day while at work.  I'm in Northeast NC if that helps.

0 Likes
ordovice

I am now on my second DInc and I am beginning to wonder how many of the refurbished phones have the reboot issue and at what point Verizon will be providing a fix for this issue. 

0 Likes
elmariachi
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can't say I'm having any issues with the phone at all.

0 Likes