The reason I ditched my BB and went Incredible...now having same issues.
BADTOLZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have very few apps on my phone.

Lately it has been running very sluggish and slow.

No matter if I'm SMSing or looking at my calendar or even scrolling from home screen to home screen it is outrageously slow.

I went in to VZ and they told me to use App Killer.  I was using it and have continued to use it.  It made no difference before I went in and it is still making no difference.

They told me to pull the battery.

The reason I ditched my BB is because I'm running into the same issues that I'm running into with my Incredible.

I love the phone, but I don't want to keep pulling the battery every couple of days.

I looked at some suggestions online and downloaded the OS monitor and just about every program...pages and pages of it was the antivirus program I had installed (looks like a little pill).  I deleted it to see if that was the problem and am waiting the results.

Knowing my luck with stuff like this I'm wagering deleting the antivirus program isn't it.  Any suggestions?

Also...is an antivirus program that important?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Re: The reason I ditched my BB and went Incredible...now having same issues.
wsl03
Enthusiast - Level 3

BADTOLZ wrote:

So I have very few apps on my phone.

Lately it has been running very sluggish and slow.

No matter if I'm SMSing or looking at my calendar or even scrolling from home screen to home screen it is outrageously slow.

I went in to VZ and they told me to use App Killer.  I was using it and have continued to use it.  It made no difference before I went in and it is still making no difference.

They told me to pull the battery.

The reason I ditched my BB is because I'm running into the same issues that I'm running into with my Incredible.

I love the phone, but I don't want to keep pulling the battery every couple of days.

I looked at some suggestions online and downloaded the OS monitor and just about every program...pages and pages of it was the antivirus program I had installed (looks like a little pill).  I deleted it to see if that was the problem and am waiting the results.

Knowing my luck with stuff like this I'm wagering deleting the antivirus program isn't it.  Any suggestions?

Also...is an antivirus program that important?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....thank you in advance.

The more stuff on your phone there is the more sluggish it will be. Apps are not the only thing that can make your phone run slowly. Try clearing out your browsing cache, history, etc. Also try getting rid of old apps that you don't use. If you have lots of pics and videos and such try storing those on your computer temporarily and see if that helps speed things up a bit. Hope this helps a little.

0 Likes