The way to go
JKramer328

I seem to be VERY satisfied about this phone ,it even seems to be faster than my notebook.  No prolems with this phone at all EXCEPT for the basics of a desktop hardware not included (I did get the plugin and cord for 120V plugin and presently using the cord plugged into a USB port on the notebook.  Notewbook did recognize it right away too.

0 Likes
Re: Thinking about cancelling my droid X order and going to Iphone4
uneakone

When I placed my order for my droid, it said that I would have to wait until July 28th before getting mine, I received it three days later (placed on Friday, got on Monday). I was pleasantly surprised but I wouldn't have minded the wait because I would have been able to cancel if I saw that the phone was a dud. Well, it isn't a dud and am really enjoying it. My only problem has been with that the FM Radio doesn't work on mine. I'm sure someone will get a fix for it at some point. In the mean time I listen to Pandora and my audio books (using the beta version of audible.com).

0 Likes
markml0528

what camera issues are you talking about?  i have a droid x, and the camera is fantastic.  i see nothing wrong with it.  

0 Likes
PamelaEspi

Good choice I have my Droid X and am thrilled.  AT&T just can't compete with the Verizon coverage.  You'll be glad you decided to be patient!

0 Likes
bkspero

yellowcanary73 wrote:

But you have to also be able to get the Droid X the release of it hasn't been any better by Verizon then the Iphone release by AT&T.I 'm moving to Verizon due to all the supposably better CS and to be honest even before I have my phones and service it hasn't been close to what I've gotten with AT&T.

Just noticed that they have already charged my card for the thing but no sign of shipping.

I feel your pain re. Verizon customer service.  Spotty on their better days.  But the voice and data service have been steller on my new X.  No one drop since I received the phone on July 21.  Great data service.

I've been on the other side of the fence with an iP4 and returned it.  Call drops galore.  Also lost bits of conversation on marginal calls.  And I had to learn a completely new way to hold the phone because my normal way of use is to hold it in my left hand as I manipulate the screen with my right.  My data service slowed to a crawl because the antenna gap was directly against my left palm (the data side of the death touch issue).  When I held it for a while in a way that I left the spot uncovered, my hand felt like it was cramping up.

I considered just getting the rubberband case, but then I change what was a sleek, attractive device to one that is thick, dumpy, and ugly.  I also worried that they have a little bit of silicone rubber drag to them, and when I pulled the phone out of my pocket it would drag on the fabric.  Not a big deal, but I thought it might increase the chances of me dropping the phone if I was at all distracted when a call arrived.

Retina screen is beautiful to look at, but I was hoping to be able to resolve smaller text with it.  No help.  I couldn't resolve any smaller text with the iP4 than I could with my iPod Touch.  My eyes are the limiting factor, not screen resolution.  I needed a bigger screen, not higher resolution.  The X fit the bill perfectly in that regard.  Another beautiful screen, but larger so it allows me to blow up text a little  more while keeping the whole line on the screen at once.  A big advantage.

Camera is also nice, but that is not a high priority for me.  Droid camera is also nice.  Can't tell which is better from personal experience, but I've read enough uniformly glowing praise for the iP4 camera to believe it is likely better.

I also indirectly experienced a 3rd issue with the iP4 after I had returned it.  Shattering of the screen.  There are reports of relatively mild impacts causing destroying the screen.  Just enough, it seems, to chip the edge of the glass.  And when you chip tempered glass, it shatters. This is due to 2 issues.  First, the edges of the glass of the iP4 are exposed and unprotected, whereas with all other smartphones the edges of the glass are enclosed within the bezel of the case.  It is much easier to chip an edge than it is the center of a piece of glass, and even the smallest chip in tempered glass (used in all smartphone screens) is enough to cause the glass to shatter.  The 2nd issue is that the LCD is glued to the back of the glass of the iP4.  So, while in another phone the glass can break and the LCD can survive; with the iP4, if you break the glass you must also replace the LCD.  This greatly increases the cost of the repair (more than you paid for the phone if it was purchased with a service plan).

So, good luck with whatever you decide.  I am very happy with my decision to drop the iP4 and buy a Droid X. 

0 Likes
RyanAZ

{please keep your posts courteous} There are people still waiting for the droid x that bought them on day one, {please keep your posts courteous} If you are going to cancel the phone then cancel the phone,{please keep your posts courteous} By the way the droid x is far superior to the Iphone4, and the camera is fine, its ten times better. Sorry but you need to use the phone yourself before making accusations that the camera sucks.

0 Likes
Kaya910

Do not go to AT&T. The service is horrible. I like the IPHONE 4 but I just canceled my service with AT&T for the Droid X.

IPhone 4 only lets you download from Itunes and App store. Service drops like crazy. It is not worth the headache. Please wait for the Iphone to hit VW. I am so much happier with them.

0 Likes
yellowcanary
Contributor - Level 1
I like the Droid X but I've had a totally different experience with verizon service. I never had dropped calls or data problems with AT&T.Now with Verizon it's been totally the opposite dropped calls and data is barely ever there don't know if it's the phone or what my reception never gets better then. (-97 and goes to- 120)and battery barely last 4 hours will call tomorrow about another phone or cancel this phone and line till I can get a good phone.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

yellowcanary wrote:
I like the Droid X but I've had a totally different experience with verizon service. I never had dropped calls or data problems with AT&T.Now with Verizon it's been totally the opposite dropped calls and data is barely ever there don't know if it's the phone or what my reception never gets better then. (-97 and goes to- 120)and battery barely last 4 hours will call tomorrow about another phone or cancel this phone and line till I can get a good phone.

Did you use an iPhone on AT&T? Also how is coverage by Verizon in your area? Look at the coverage map on Verizon's web site. Yeah battery is an issue. There are ways to improve it.Just do a search on these forums & you'll find solutions 

0 Likes