This phone is bad news bears, and so is VZW support
weatherguy86

So back in Septemberish I purchased a Thunderbolt. It wouldn't hold a data connection to save its life, yadda yadda yadda, I'm sure you all know the deal.

After 2 replacement Thunderbolts, they offered me a choice between Charge and Bionic. I chose Bionic. Same problem. At least half the times I pick up my phone, I have no data and have to restart it or try the airplane mode trick. I'm on my 3rd Bionic and 3rd SIM card. Nothing helped. This is really, really frustrating because it defeats the purpose of having a smart phone when I can't use it to look up prices in a store or use GPS navigation, or the other neat features that require a data connection.

Today the tech support guy said that the problem is especially bad with the Bionic, and that the HTC Rezound is the best phone for data connections. So I asked him "Ok, so why don't you sent me one of those?" and he said that he can't because I already was switched from Thunderbolt to Bionic. But that I could purchase a Rezound for $199.

I told him that I already spent $199 on a phone that hasn't worked correctly since I got it, but there was nothing he could do. I don't blame him since he's just the messenger, but it seems like I'd be better off taking my $199 to a company that can actually give a reliable data connection.

Seems to me that VZW should stand behind their phones and service better than they do. When data phones can't do data, there's a serious problem. What bothers me the most is that they admit that the problem is there, that it's especially bad on the Bionic, but there is nothing they will do about it.

0 Likes
Re: This phone is bad news bears, and so is VZW support
Wildman
Legend

I still think you are not noticing the pattern, you have had issue with the same problem on two different devices but you are still blaming the devices, sounds like you may have network issues in your area because I have the TB and Droid X and both have had reports that the device had issues with network connection...  Both of my devices only showed issues when the network was having issues.

All I am saying you may need to look at the situation from a different angle because the chance of 2 devices by different manufacturers proves it cant be the device causing you issue.

0 Likes