To all the people waiting for the gingerbread update.....
animefrk122

!!!IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! (and i mean this in the nicest way....)

Here are a few reasons to support this theory:

1. All models of the Droid Incredible are no longer being produced by HTC, they have stopped production

2.If your android incredible is broken destroyed or otherwise out of warrenty assurion is shpping out the DROID INCREDIBLE 2 for a replacement.

3. For months people have asked the same question over and over to both verizon and HTC give out the unreadable grey responses about when and if an update will occur

4. The EVO, THUNDERBOLT, DROID INCREDIBLE 2, AND SEVERAL OTHER DEVICES PRIOR TO AND AFTER THE RELEASE OF THE DROID INCREDIBLE HAVE RECIEVED THE 2.3 UPDATE....

So the only way possible if you want to get android 2.3 is to{edited to comply with Terms of Service}

and use a custom ROM, but again this also has its draw backs since it WILL VOID the manufacters warrenty. SO NOT A GOOD IDEA{edited to comply with Terms of Service}

Option 2 is to upgrade to a new phone but I for one have now and completely lost faith in HTC because of this particular issue with the incredible. This is the first cell phone I have ever had that I have never replace. Any other phone from my past i would go through 2,3,4 phones, and to finally get a phone that is solidlly built makes me happy, and also ntm that HTC states in their response emails to their customers that they are still testing to make sure its compatible. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TESTING HTC THERE ARE ALREADY STABLE VERSIONS OF GB RUNNING ON SOME OF THESE DEVICES AND NTM THE DINC2 IS VERY SIMULAR THE DINC SO WHY WOULDNT THE UPDATE WORK!!!!(and yes overall the dinc 2 is faster by so thank you to those for listening to my ranting and I welcome any counter posts it is just from what I havwe mentioned above and what I have read on the web has lead me to believe these things....Hopefully soon I will have the shiney 4G LTE Samsung Stratosphere come mid september but we can only wait and see.... 

0 Likes
Re: To all the people waiting for the gingerbread update.....
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Hmmm. I don't believe you.

http://m.androidcentral.com/htc-droid-incredible-gingerbread-update-support-docs-now-live-verizon-we...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
OnlineTechDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

We were already told earlier this year it was officially going to happen in the summer.  And today the website with instructions just went live.  The article says some tomorrow, others wednesday and the rest friday, so we'll see.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
HTC said not on the list... Phone to ancient but the x has it although 2 different company's. I hope maybe they have put it on the list. Maybe they turned there opinion around about update older phones.
0 Likes
animefrk122

well if this IS indeed true I would just like its about Fricking time and will be very happy and hope we are getting this update thi week...i just hope that with the link you posted my hopes going back up will not be dased again... but we will see

0 Likes
badogg

Sheesh.  How soon would have expected it?  Froyo didn't get released until what, November?  Hasn't even been a year.

Don't know why you are so angry man.

0 Likes
jpscaccia
Owned the Incredible since day one,but after this cold shoulder from Htc. I'm thru with this company.Every phone thats come out later has gingerbread,and the majority of them are junk.The t-bolt has been a nightmare.Besides a few reboots I have'nt had any real issues with my Dinc.Still one of htc best phones but no love from Htc.Even Motorola is updating in timely manner.Htc has to know when you forget past customers you lose future customers.
0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

other than adding a ring on the lock screen what will GB even add??????

0 Likes