Top part of Droid takes 2 clicks to pop into place?
gilbertorbea

I'm just wondering. My Droid (when you open up the keyboard) makes me push up on the left and right for both sides to click in place. This is the same when I go to slide it back. Is this with ALL Droids or should I ask for another one? 

0 Likes
Re: Top part of Droid takes 2 clicks to pop into place?
AnnDroid1
How new is the Mororola Droid? Do you have a hard or snap on case over the screen and if so is it the leather covered hard case?
0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

gilbertorbea wrote:

I'm just wondering. My Droid (when you open up the keyboard) makes me push up on the left and right for both sides to click in place. This is the same when I go to slide it back. Is this with ALL Droids or should I ask for another one? 

you know, shortly before the droid came out, there was a video of someone giving a review of the droid. (i believe it was on this site and probably one of the first posts). but during the review he did open it and it seemed to "click" when he opened it up completely. and when he closed it, again it clicked.

however, and i just checked mine again, mine does not click/snap into place.

my suggestion would be that you go back to where you bought it, ask them to see another and if that one does not click, tell them that you are concerned and that you would like to exchange it for another one.

0 Likes
AnnDroid1
Sorry I haven't mastered posting on the VZW forum yet, I didn't mean to send early....Back to your keyboard and screen. I have 3 Droids, well two now, as one had the LCD screen's light went out and was returned. I have one which is a bit stiff as in hard to slide up and a definite snap when closed. This has the thicker hared cover on ot so a bit more effort is required. Mine the newer 1 day old Droid is very easy to slide as no thick case. I tried to replicate the action you describe and I don't think this is normal. I don't mean to alarm you but is the screen, the top piece loose? As in one side sort of hangs and won't close unless you push the other seperatly? The screen isn't spring action so if its stiff, or you describe an effort is needed this is okay. Also Make sure the plastic protective sheet is removed or peeled off the back of the slider. I suggest if you have a "crooked" or uneven closing slide to take it in to a Verizon Store. If purchased at a Best Buy store take it there. I don't know if yours was shipped to you, if it was there may be still some plastic shipping tape on the back as I described, check it out and if very loose, take it in before your 30 days. Let me know if. Any other questions can help? Its tough being the only one w/ a unique device and not knowing what's normal or problematic.
0 Likes