Tossing the Incredible.... what to get?
Ruark

Like many other people have reported, my Incredible gets HORRIBLE reception.  We live in a rural weak-signal area, but other people with other phones come to the house and do fine. My wife has an ancient, cheapo Samsung flip phone, and she can sit in the middle of our house and get solid, perfect, clear reception.  I used to have the same phone, but got a new Incredible because it was a free upgrade, and I wanted to be able to check email and those other nice features a smartphone has.  BIG mistake. This phone is basically useless.  I called Verizon and the dork there just told me to do the software ugrade - which I had already done.  Even when it does get a reasonable signal, it still sounds like crap. I HATE this phone.

I've had it. Can anybody suggest a lower-priced (say, under $200-$300 as an upgrade) Verizon smartphone that has a reputation for GOOD reception?  3G is fine, no 4G out here.  My main use is for phone calls, checking email, reading news, and a few web forums.  I'm ready to spend the $$$ on another phone, but I don't want to make the same mistake again.

0 Likes