Trouble sending & receiving files via txt
FSEII

Over the past 3 months I've been getting text messages from new contacts and they come in as an attachment. So far the attachments have just been the text of their message. The only way to view the content is to download the attachment. It is a hassle and annoying but it works (worked). A few days ago I tried to send some photos to a contact and they failed. I've sent photos to that contact in the past with no problem. I thought it was just a signal dead spot but  the result is from a number of different locations with good signal. Yesterday I received a message that was only an attachment and have been unable to download it. The message is, "Message not downloaded. Unknown error."

I'm using the stock messaging app. I had the message app set so it did not download attachments automatically, which worked, and in hopes that it would maybe spark the download I changed it to download automatically. No luck. I haven't made any other changes in quite a while, haven't downloaded any new apps, nothing. I have power cycled the phone a couple of times which didn't do anything.

Any thoughts on how to force the download, or another way to retrieve the message?

0 Likes
Re: Trouble sending & receiving files via txt
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FSEII,

You've certainly done your homework when it comes to these messages. Sorry to learn that you are having these troubles with your messages. Let's find out a bit more information to see what we can come up with. Is this happening with the same contacts or is it all? Are the phones that you are sending also Android devices or a mixutre? Have you been able to try this via WiFi as well as when connected to LTE? Keep us posted so that we can help get this figured out.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FSEII

Thanks for the questions. There are only a few contacts that send attachments or send messages that arrive as attachments. Afaik, one is an iPhone, one is an Android of unknown flavor, and one is either one or the other. I'm not sure about that guy. Probably another iPhone. It does seem to work when restricted to WiFi-only, but not right away. It takes two or three tries, pressing the Download button, before it will download completely. That's ok but not the best long-term solution, as WiFi isn't always available. Any suggestions are appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want a long term solution, FSEII. There are a few Droid Incredibles in the HTC lineup. Can you clarify if you have a 3G device or a 4G device? If you have the original Droid Incredible, which is 3G, can you dial *228 and select option 1 to ensure your roaming capabilities are updated. Can you please also check the available memory on your device by going to Settings>SD & Phone Storage.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes