Turning off Power sound
MissTex

How do I turn off the sound when powering on/off ?  The folks at the Verizon store were of no help.  So far I love my Droid X but I do not like the sound when Powering on/off.  The only silent mode I can find silences everything.  I do want the ringer on.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Turning off Power sound
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Are you talking about the "Drrroid" alert that gets played during shutdown?  if so, that is the SD CARD NOTIFICATION that is getting played.  It happens at Startup as well. So disabling that will also disable it at startup as well.  To disable it, go to SETTINGS / SOUND SETTINGS / SD CARD NOTIFICATIONS  - and turn off the selection.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Are you talking about the "Drrroid" alert that gets played during shutdown?  if so, that is the SD CARD NOTIFICATION that is getting played.  It happens at Startup as well. So disabling that will also disable it at startup as well.  To disable it, go to SETTINGS / SOUND SETTINGS / SD CARD NOTIFICATIONS  - and turn off the selection.

0 Likes
MissTex

Yes, that's it!!!  Thank you!!!!  There's still a small "beep" when I power off but I can live with that.  Would rather have no sound at all when powering on/off.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Cool .  Glad to help...

0 Likes
dsttexas
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears there are two solutions to silencing these tones.

1) Before powering off, turn on Silent Mode.  That will kill the power off beep, and it will power back on with silent mode still set to on, and with no sounds at all.  Then just turn Silent Mode off.  Of leave it alone if like lots of silence including no phone call rings etc.!!

2) In Settings, Sound, un-check the option for SD card notifications.  You will still get a beep on power off, but no music on power on - it is completely silent.

0 Likes