Re: Two Droid 2 Global phones - Flaky since software update
mels121

Dear Verizon!!

This has got to be something in the software for this many people to be having the same issues!! I got the insurance phone and did not install any apps for awhile and it was still doing the same stuff.  I am constantly not getting texts, phone calls and then randomly it resends things.  I constantly have to power off and back on just to make a phone call.  I geuss what is the point of having a smart phone if you have to have it so generic for it to work.  I for one will be shopping around to new carriers once my contract is up due to the fact that Verizon offers basically no support with things like this.  I actually had a Verizon rep tell me to sign up another new number and pay for 2 lines and 2 data plans as the resolution so I would not have to pay for a new phone at full retail.... umm really thats the solution? I have a friend that has no apps other than what comes on the phone does not really use it for anything other than text and calling and she has the exact same issues sooo kinda hard to believe its the apps!  There should be some sort of policy in place with Verizon that when they know of these issues the user can resign early and get a new/different phone at the discounted price.   

0 Likes
Re: Two Droid 2 Global phones - Flaky since software update
Prines

I'm down with jksoft on this situation. My wife and I purchased our Droid 2 Global phones together in May, 2011.  In the last two weeks both have begun exhibiting the strange behaviors mentioned above...random shut down and restart, screen freezing, random app selection, etc.  The freeze up can only be cured by pulling the battery and restarting the phones.  Prior to mid-October, we were very pleased with these devices, but they have become very unreliable and frustrating to use.  This would seem to be a direct result of a recent software change.  What recourse do we have to correct this?  Surely replacing our 18 month old phones should not be the solution.

0 Likes