USB Connect not showing in Notification Bar - how do I download pics to PC?
AmyA415

When I'm at work (Win XP) and I plug in my Droid Incredible to my PC I see the USB Connected in the Notification Bar.  When I'm home (Win Vista) and I plug in my phone I don't see the USB Connected in the Notification Bar.  Without that I can't figure out how to download the pics from my phone to my PC.  I know I could download them at work and then move them to my home PC via flash drive... but that is a pain.  Any suggestions on why it doesn't work from my home PC?  Any suggestions on how to get my pics from the phone to my home PC.

0 Likes
Re: USB Connect not showing in Notification Bar - how do I download pics to PC?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can set the default USB connection to always be "Mount as a disk drive". Then it will always use that type of connection in both locations.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: USB Connect not showing in Notification Bar - how do I download pics to PC?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AmyA415 - Being able to transfer photos from your Incredible to your PC, is a very convenient feature! Amy, Ann154 gave some really good advice! Did this help you out? If it didn't, have you tried connecting other devices through that same usb port to see if your computer recognizes it? I would try a different port to see if your pc recognizes that a usb device has been connected. If this fails, your computer may have a built in SD card reader. You can always mount your card that way with the appropriate adapter/converter! Let us know if you need additional assistance. We'd be more than happy to help!

Thank you both and take care!

NicandroN_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes