USB problems
megalin10

First off let me start by saying that my boyfriend and I have the same phone. When he connects his phone to my computer using a USB cord, it works right away. When I connect mine to the computer, it says USB device not recognized. One of the usb devices attached to this computer has mafunctioned or could not be recognized. I have also tried to plug my phone into my other computer (one is a desk top one is a laptop) and it still didn't work. It will charge the phone, but will not let me upload my pictures and music to the computer. Doesn't even ask me to. Please help!!! I really do not want to go to the store to discuss this if someone can help me first!

0 Likes
Re: USB problems
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

just need to turn on USB Mass storage.

goto settings -> USB Settings -> check "Mass Storage" or "Ask on connection"

0 Likes
megalin10

I looked in there yesterday and it says Mass storage. I tried ask on connection and it won't work there either. I also did a factory reset on the phone and it still will not work.

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

look at the USB debugging mode under settings -> applications -> development.  make sure that "USB debugging mode" is checked

another check is to make sure your memory card is in and not corrupted.  have you tried taking it out and manually inserting the card in the computer (also try switching your memory card with your bf)?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Megalin10, it sounds like you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting for this issue. It does not sound like a driver conflict on the computer since this is happening with more than one computer and your boyfriend's phone works. Since the hard reset did not resolve this issue, it sounds like the device may need to be replaced. If you are still having this issue, please send a direct message to MarquiaF_VZW with your name and mobile number so that I can assist.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
megalin10

I took my phone to a verizon store in my area and they helped me. I will be getting a new phone this weekend and returning mine. Thanks for the help everyone.

0 Likes
jbatten53
Enthusiast - Level 1

From the description of your problem I think you have almost the same problem I ran into. In your case your boyfriend has the same phone, but this may be related anyway. My previous phone was an LG Dare which also came with a USB cable. Somewhere along the way I tossed that cable into my computer bag and used the Charge's cable for charging at home. Suddenly I started getting USB connection errors and I could no longer connect as mass storage. Verizon's techies tried everything but we just could not get it to do anything but charge off my computer.

Last week while on vacation I swapped the cables back around and.... well there you go. All better now. The two cables look alike but obviously the devices seem to know what's up. Try swapping chords with your boyfriend and see if it doesn't help.