Re: Unable to send or recieve video text messages after jelly bean
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried turning off your network and wi-fi connections (or putting your phone in airplane mode) and then trying to delete the message?

0 Likes
jark219

I agree with tikibar....on a Bionic with JB, if you tap the video slide icon, the only choices are normal and time lapse modes, there is no option to switch to video message. 

Please provide further follow-up to resolve this issue.

Just for the record, this most recent JB update was the worst ever.  Removed some of the most basic, yet most useful, capabilities that our phones had.

Looking forward to additional technical support for this current issue.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Redned
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem! Lowest video quality setting and only 30 sec. video won't send. WTH?

0 Likes
Redned
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just spoke with level 2 Tech. support and the file size limit is 1.2 meg for video texting. So, I shot 29 seconds of video at the lowest video setting on my Bionic which is evga and the file size was 2.47. Too large. Tech support recommended emailing video files larger than 1.2 meg. To determine the video file size, open your gallery and select the video file. Then hit the menu button bottom left and view details. This will show the video file size. Hope this helps anyone out there who's frustrated. It's not your phone it's the limits of text messaging. Has nothing to do with 3G or 4G either.

0 Likes
Lowdown
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with this comment by ky_bjc "Previously we could take that video, share it through text and the phone would ask if we would like to resize the video.  Then we were able to use sliders to pick the start and end points of the newer cropped video.  This option should not have been removed."

I used this feature a lot sending videos via text and it was extremely useful. Don't know why this was removed and why you have chosen to ignore this comment by ky_bjc. I would love to hear why it was removed and would love it even more to hear you say it would be put back in as an option, for I too have had this problem since JB update and have been irritated with the fact I can no longer send video text, as I mentioned earlier I use it a lot. As ky_bjc also mentioned, "the problem with this method is you expect us to foretell the future" that we are going to text the video we are taking, so we have to go into our video options and select a mode every time we take a video for the off chance we might want to text it to someone. I think it is ridiculous to have to change a video mode so that we can send it via text, especially when the resize video option was there before. Video moments tend to be spur of the moment, and to have to go in to change modes is rediculous cause by the time i do that i miss that spur of the moment. We should have the option to send any video we take in any mode like before. Please consider replacing the resize video option to the video text. Thanks

0 Likes
jark219

Please provide further assistance with this issue.  There is no such option under the Modes settings you have outlined in your response above.  There are only 2 options..."Normal Video" and "Time Lapse". 

Please help as this is very frustrating.  This capability should never have been removed to begin with.

Thank you.

0 Likes