Uninstalling an App that I downloaded
Bear49

I am new to the Droid X.  I installed an app just to see if it really works and of course it didn't.  How do I uninstall this app?  I keep reading of people doing it all the time.  It was a free ringtone app.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Uninstalling an App
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

Bear49 wrote:

I am new to the Droid X.  I installed an app just to see if it really works and of course it didn't.  How do I uninstall this app?  I keep reading of people doing it all the time.  It was a free ringtone app.

Thanks!

You can go to "settings", "applications", "manage applications".  Scroll down until you find the app you want to uninstall.  Click on it, and you should see "uninstall" in the top right of the screen. 

Also, you might be able to long press (hold your finger on the app) and when it highligts, slide it toward the bottom of the screen.  You should see a garbage can and the bottom will turn red.  When you slide the app down there, hold it there for a second, and you should see something about uninstalling the app.  (This works with Launcher Pro, but forgot if it's the same for the stock home launcher.)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

Bear49 wrote:

Thanks!

You can go to "settings", "applications", "manage applications".  Scroll down until you find the app you want to uninstall.  Click on it, and you should see "uninstall" in the top right of the screen. 

Also, you might be able to long press (hold your finger on the app) and when it highligts, slide it toward the bottom of the screen.  You should see a garbage can and the bottom will turn red.  When you slide the app down there, hold it there for a second, and you should see something about uninstalling the app.  (This works with Launcher Pro, but forgot if it's the same for the stock home launcher.)

0 Likes
Bear49

Thank you thank you thank you! 

0 Likes