Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

Unknown contacts populating when I try to text or email from my Droid X.
sund914

Every time I text or email from my Droid X and start typing my contact name, it populates with people I don't even know and I have to scroll down to pick the contact I want.  Why would it populate peoples names I don't even know or have never had contact?

Someone please help.  I a getting ready to go to an Iphone if I can't get this resolved.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unknown contacts populating when I try to text or email from my Droid X.
budone
Super User
Super User

I would check the online backup assistant and see if you have an abnormal amount of unknown contacts there. If so, clean that list out and sync

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello sund914,  Let's keep your contacts in house!  Do you use various social media applications like Facebook, Twitter or Google ?  When going to Menu>Setttings>Accounts what are the different accounts currently setup to sync contacts? I would be more than happy to continue to troubleshoot if still needed.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
sund914

I only use Google to sync contacts.  I do have Facebook account but do not sync my Facebook contacts. Some of the contacts that my Droid X populates when I email or text are people I don't even know.  It almost seems like it pulls these names from recipients of emails I receive which my name is also a recipient.  There must be an explanation to this.

0 Likes