Unregister for Advertisers that pop up in the notification bar
JoGallup

Every day I have notification from advertisers.  I cannot determine how to "unregister" or remove those ads.  It uses battery power.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Unregister for Advertisers that pop up in the notification bar
JoGallup

BTW.....I have a Android Charge

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look in the Play Store for an application called Air Push detector and install it and run the application.

It sounds like you have installed an application that has the Air push ads.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

JoGallup

Thank you.  I believe you are correct, but I did not install, it was automatic with the new "smart" rather than "dumb" phone.  Plus just checking I now have Market, App sstore, Priceline and POWOW as new aps that I did not download.  The just showed up.  What's up with that?  Thanks again.

0 Likes
JoGallup

That's not it.  It was never installed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In your application drawer look for an icon called Play Store (or Market) that looks like a shopping bag. Open it. If necessary accept the terms and conditions of the application. Using the search function (magnifying glass symbol in the application) type in "air push" and search for the application. The first result should be "AirPush Detector". Select it and install it. Once installed run the Air Push detector application. It will give you a results indicating which applications that are installed on your phone that can generate the ads. Uninstall those applications through Settings > applications > manage applications > all tab

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JoGallup

Thanks Ann!  Did that, but did not come up with results that I believe are attached to Verizon.  The "new" Charger started with those ads from day 1.

0 Likes
JoGallup

PS -  The ads show up with icons with Stars or dashes.

0 Likes
JoGallup

and /or Plus signs

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

JoGallup wrote:

PS -  The ads show up with icons with Stars or dashes.

Those symbols are telltale signs of an Air Push ad. There has to be an application installed causing the ads to come through. Whether you or someone else installed is not important at this time. Did you install the detector application and run it to find out which applications are the trouble makers? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brosmike.airpushdetector

0 Likes