Update to android version 2.3.4 causing issues
ahooah48444
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got a notice to update this morning, so I did it. Now half of my market apps are needing to be downloaded again. I also have Amazon android apps that were free apps of the day and it won't show them on my phone. It says to reinstall them. I click on it and it says it's reinstalling, but nothing is happening. It also took a whole bunch of memory from the phone memory on the update. Is there a fix for the above issues? The wife has the same phone and hasn't gotten the update yet. Is the update worth it? Is there a way to go back to the prior version? I know there have been answers in prior posts, but can't seem to find any issues that are the same as mine. I am not a technical person, nor is my phone rooted.

0 Likes
Re: Update to android version 2.3.4 causing issues
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

That was a problem when they first pushed this update.  Unmount your SD card.  Remount it, and reboot.  I just had to do it, and everything was fine.  Took about 2 minutes for all the app icons to update after the 2nd reboot, but then it was fine.

Looks like the Market still says "Sprint."  Guess they didn't fix that at all.

0 Likes
missycvit

I had the same problem.  Had to reinstall a few apps.  Before I did anything the low storage notification came back on.  I've deleted almost every single app on my phone - down to the ones I use daily - no extras.   And I still constantly get the notification.  This is getting frustrating.

Remounting my SD card did nothing- I had to reinstall my apps that were missing. 

How many optional apps should this phone be able to handle? 

0 Likes
tonythoj
Had the same problem. All the app that I had saved on my SD card stop working. So I download all those apps again and moved back to my SD card. To my surprise the 'corrupted' file on my SD card get replace by the new download so it just like nothing ever happen . So have fun downloading
0 Likes
hardija

I had the same low storage problem on my wife's phone. Turns out it was a Facebook app (she had 2 installed) that was messing up the storage. Uninstalled and everything was fine after.

0 Likes
Saguaro

I got the update this morning and I noticed all the apps installed to the SD card were not working, so I unmounted the SD card and remounted it and everything worked fine.  Then I restated the phone and now the apps on the SD card won't work again.  So unmounted and mounted again, and now they're back.  Am I going to have to do that every time I turn the phone off and on????

0 Likes
44Woot44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope NOT because I have the same frikking problem. I am in the process now of mounting and unmounting my SD card, but I just re-booted the phone, now I wish I hadn't. I'll see if the apps returned.... nope ... they are gone. Now let me try the SD unmount/remount without a re-boot... and YES, they are all there again!

But I am with you ... will I have to do this EVERY time my phone re-boots??!! grrrrrrrr.......

0 Likes
44Woot44
Enthusiast - Level 2

... thank you for your post/comment! I was going crazy looking all over my phone for my missing apps, and did NOT want to download all of them again.  The reboot actually makes them disappear, so I stopped at the unmount/mount step. They are all there again, until I guess the phone re-boots itself next time. I hope they fix this, but at least I know it is an easy retrieval process now. Thanks!

0 Likes
jheuerman

yep same issue with the SD card apps.  Also is anyone getting problems with screen rotation?  I primarily use my phone in landscape.  however i will turn off my screen and after a few minutes i turn it back on and its in portrait.

0 Likes
DBWhits

My phone updated this morning to v2.3.4 but to build No. 4.06.605.3 and NOT build No. 4.08.605.2 like it says on the Verizon site here:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/incredible.pdf

I read that they might have to force out this original build of v2.3.4 before sending out the new build.

0 Likes