Re: Updated Droid unlock screen stinks!....... GO BACK TO THE OLD ONE!!!!
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

Dude,

It's just a lock screen - no one should be THAT angry about it.

I like it personally - it's much quicker to unlock.

My issue is that if you don't unlock or take some action the screen goes dark too quickly.

0 Likes
rgenius

I like the new screen too.

The graphics, font and lock distance.

nice.

old was fine too but unlocking could be awkward at times.

That's my two cents... :smileyvery-happy:

RG

0 Likes
remp

Is this for the Moto Droid? of Droid Eris?

0 Likes
Re: Updated Droid's unlock screen stinks!....... GO BACK TO THE OLD ONE!!!!
MrHacks

Not to change the subject of the thread or anything, fezzek, but I seem to think this story I found on Slashdot may be relevant.

Despite what the trolls think, their are a couple of things that could use some tweeking with the unlock screen. For instance, if you use a pattern lock, you can still have to option to turn the sound off.

Secondly, is there a way to turn off the vibrations whenpulling the tabs?

Finally, the pattern lock screen is quick to shut it self off whenever you use the wrong pattern. Is this normal or can it be adjsted?

0 Likes
diddleon

I totally agree! im sooo glad that i was one of the last ppl to get the update that i was so looking forward to so that i had a chance to see screenshots before i updated. I absolutely hate the new lock screen so i am boycotting updating my phone until they either switch it back to the elegant lock screen or provide an option to choose new or old one.

0 Likes
Re: Updated Droid unlock screen stinks!....... time for a choice.
GreySeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have to agree with the ones who want a choice of unlock screens.  It would be a trivial, truly trivial programming task, as both screens are available right now.  It really doesn't matter that some are unhappy and some are happy.  It doesn't matter that some are 'over the top' angry.  It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about the uproar over this.

What does matter is the fact that Moto, Google, android, whomever decided to change the unlock screen.  It was not a good idea.  The original screen was fine, and worked as it should.  With all the other design 'features' (read bugs) in the phone, taking more than 6 or 7 seconds of some programmer's time to change the unlock screen was ridiculous.  Someone's priorities need to be rethought here.  Giving users the choice, at this point in time, is worth a few more seconds of programming time. :smileywink:

Don't get me wrong, I can take or leave either screen.  The new one doesn't bother me any more than the old one.  It's just the idea that any amount of time was spent on so trivial a part of the phone when there are other things that could have been worked on.  Bluetooth, anyone??

So, bottom line, although getting angry about this is, well, a little out there as far as I'm concerned (no offense meant to those who are angry, sorry), it is waste of the developers time.  time that could be better spent elsewhere.

Bottom line, give users the choice between the two.  Problem solved.  :smileytongue:

0 Likes
MrHacks

diddleon wrote:

I totally agree! im sooo glad that i was one of the last ppl to get the update that i was so looking forward to so that i had a chance to see screenshots before i updated. I absolutely hate the new lock screen so i am boycotting updating my phone until they either switch it back to the elegant lock screen or provide an option to choose new or old one.

You could just enable the locking pattern.

0 Likes
JasonJoel
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is the part I find funny... I can't IMAGINE not having a passcode on my phone. What if you lose it? You want just anyone to have access to all your contacts, your cell phone service, web history, etc? Not me.

So I never see the old or the new lock screen. Just the passcode screen...

Jason

0 Likes
neurad1

I also vote for giving users the choice of using the new or old unlock slider. I preferred the old one....

0 Likes
bufbarnaby

I like the new one...lets you swipe left to quickly mute the phone , and swipe right to quickly put ringer back on ; )

0 Likes