Re: Updated, now won't boot
realged13

I am going to try the 20 minute route and see if that works.  What am I supposed to do while my phone is being ordered?  Activate my old cell phone until I get the new one?

0 Likes
realged13

Just did the 20 minute wait and liek you said, VOILA it turned on.  Now time to see what all I need to do now.

0 Likes
GShelton

Well, I have still been messing with it. I actually got it to boot one time. Seemed good to go. Turned the sound back on. Tried to reboot to see what would happen and I am locked out again... or am I? Seems the phone is booting, but the screen sticks on the "M" screen.

I am going to try and get it to boot again and do a hard reset. I already have a replacement coming in the mail, but I am scared it will be a refurb and not as pristine as mine is. (Plus, I just can't, not mess with it. LOL!)

I don't suppose anyone who has done the recovery (Home/Power at boot) could tell me if it is a 100% thing (and could tell the exact sequence) or if it is a touch screen thing.

0 Likes
mokensakin

This happened to me last night. Waited 45 minutes for the first boot to finish, realized the phone was frozen whilst showing the "M" symbol. Pulled battery, waited 30 seconds, put the battery back in. Then I held down the home and power button at the same time, which gave me the recovery menu. I selected "reboot Phone" and it has worked perfect ever since. I even rebooted it about 4 or 5 times just to make sure it worked.

I hope this helps someone somewhere, I almost went into panic mode before it was fixed.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
What does verizon do, test these updates on one phone? Sucks that you guys are having such issues with this. Just keep posting what has worked and make sure you call tech support if necessary so they are aware of the problem.
0 Likes
Scotslad007

OK, same issue for me.  Stuck on Motorola logo.  Tried removing battery for a couple of minutes and power, same thing.  Tried removing battery couple of minutes then hit "home" key and "power" and still the Motorola logo.  

Phone has NOT been rooted.  What am I missing to get the reset to work?

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Scotslad007 wrote:

OK, same issue for me.  Stuck on Motorola logo.  Tried removing battery for a couple of minutes and power, same thing.  Tried removing battery couple of minutes then hit "home" key and "power" and still the Motorola logo.  

Phone has NOT been rooted.  What am I missing to get the reset to work?

I am hoping someone can mark this as SOLVED soon and everyone gets their phones working again.

Scot...make sure you hold the home key when pressing power.  continue to hold it until the triangle appears. 

Follow the previous posts about what to do after.

I have gone through this routine endless times trying different "roms" and leaked versions on my original droid and my DX before finally settling in with the OTA.

Your update likely took and is fine and your phone should hopefully boot after you do the factory reset/wipe. 

If that fails....someone here said vzw is getting a new phone for them.

Dj.

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

oh yeah....and, unplug your USB before doing all this.

0 Likes
Scotslad007

Do you have to take your battery out for a certain period of time before the Power + Home key startup?

I've tried it multiple times and got the reset screen one time and wanted to first just try and "reboot" that didn't work so I was going to get more aggressive with a cache wipe.  Now I can't get back to the menu.  

So I have tried leaving the battery out for 3 mins.  Then hit the Home first (while holding this down) + hit power.  Once moto logo is up I release the power and continue to hold home until the reset menu appears?

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Scotslad007 wrote:

Do you have to take your battery out for a certain period of time before the Power + Home key startup?

I've tried it multiple times and got the reset screen one time and wanted to first just try and "reboot" that didn't work so I was going to get more aggressive with a cache wipe.  Now I can't get back to the menu.  

So I have tried leaving the battery out for 3 mins.  Then hit the Home first (while holding this down) + hit power.  Once moto logo is up I release the power and continue to hold home until the reset menu appears?

Close....a lot of users let go of home button too soon.  NEVER let go of the home key until you see a big triangle.  Then, once the triangle is there press the search key.  Then you will see the options.

use the volume up/down to scroll down.  Try cache wipe, if that doesnt work....next try wipe data/factory reset

good luck...post back when done.

EDIT....i forgot to answer about the battery.  Just pull it for 10 seconds or so.  It just clears the RAM by removing any charge.

0 Likes