Re: Updated, now won't boot
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

gator1 wrote:

Curtterp mentioned something in another post that has me wondering.  I downloaded the update via WiFi and had none of these problems.  I'm just wondering out load if anyone who is experiencing the boot problem downloaded over WiFi.  I don't know why it would matter but it's just a thought.  Gator

I think if the update package didnt download correctly that the checksums wouldnt match and the install would be aborted.  There is no way an incomplete sbf would even start installing.

So, the issue is probably(don't quote me) not related to the actual downloading of the package.  For the people who had issues downloading over 3G the wifi as PCW points out is a good alternative.

As for the poster who says to re-install the update manually...well, I think that verizon rep was wrong.  Without rolling back to 2.1 (.604) first you will not be able to install the same update over the existing one. I've tried with the "leaked" version that was officially signed.  I imagine if you did have the .sbf (update.zip) for this new release, you wouldnt be able to reinstall it.

My thoughts....wright or wrong.

Dj.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
I'm gonna try and find out if the RUU has been released, at least it would be a fresh start.
0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

demmo86rt wrote:
I'm gonna try and find out if the RUU has been released, at least it would be a fresh start.

demmo, if you do please make sure to post some instructions or links. 

also, do you know if the RUU will be executable using RSD or is there another process. 

I think that may be overly complicated for average users though.  An update.zip pre-prepared would be better.

Dj.

0 Likes
GHuestis

Thanks for the advice,

How can I restore my X to 2.1? Do you know where I can download the file and instructions. I am a computer geek for over 15 yrs now, but I am really new for the most part with the whole smart phone Os'.

I found the file for manually reinstalling the 2.2 OS. The Verizon guy did tell me to "go back" to 2.1 but I have no idea how to do that. Can you help me with finding the file and instructions???

GHuestis

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

I don't think anyone can give you the info here.   But, the instructions can be found here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-help/4484-you-can-go-back-2-1-a-4.html

Page 4 post by  m@jice

Do all this at your own risk....seems a little over the top to actually have to do this.
0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

hey...can you let us know where you found the file?  Is it posted on the verizon or moto sites?   If not, i'd be sure to check it out that you arent installing the previous leaks.

dj.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Not seeing anything about a 2.2 RUU for the X. Has anyone tried my suggestion from a page or so back? Just curious if it works or not.
0 Likes
GHuestis

I found it here. I downloaded it but wont use it until someone with more knowledge on this stuff than me gives me more advice on how to restore to 2.1 and then reinstall 2.2. I'm not that savy with smart phones yet. PC yes, but not smart phones.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/66214-official-frg01b-froyo-issues-soluti...

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

GHuestis wrote:

I found it here. I downloaded it but wont use it until someone with more knowledge on this stuff than me gives me more advice on how to restore to 2.1 and then reinstall 2.2. I'm not that savy with smart phones yet. PC yes, but not smart phones.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/66214-official-frg01b-froyo-issues-soluti...

Hey..that's not for your phone man.  I replied to you a few posts ago.  I have rolled back and updated to 2.2 about 6 times on my X to test stuff and in anticipation of the 2.2 OTA release.  I was running a leaked update on my DX for a while.

There are instructions you can follow on the link i gave you(also on droidforums).  Plus the thread you link to does not explain to you how to apply the rollback.

Dj.

0 Likes
GHuestis

Hey Bro.,

Thanks for the instruction. I am down loading the file to go back to 2.1 now. Hopefully it will work without a problem then I can get the OTA update again and get it to install correctly. I'm not sure if that is the problem. Not sure if it didn't install correctly to begin with??? I get that M like others and sounds like they installed there's correctly??

What do you think?

Thanks so much for your help,

GHuestis

0 Likes