Upgrade Download Error
dani0323

When I go to Settings>Software Update>Check New my phone will find find the Software Update (gingerbread) and after I hit Ok it says Error: Download Failed.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Download Error
hudtownman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ma seeing the same thing. If you get it figured out please share.

0 Likes
c4181

Me too.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

dani0323 wrote:

When I go to Settings>Software Update>Check New my phone will find find the Software Update (gingerbread) and after I hit Ok it says Error: Download Failed.  Any suggestions?

Hi dani0323,

I have researched this issue and learned that other customers encountering download errors while attempting to upgrade software have performed a factory reset in order to complete the upgrade.

Before you perform a factory reset on your phone please ensure your device is fully charged and try the upgrade again. I noticed that some times the upgrade fails if phone is not fully charged.

Please keep in mind that performing a Factory Reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.

0 Likes
ktownsend3240

is there any other way to fix this error that we are getting instead of a facotory reset??

0 Likes
hudtownman
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI....I got my update to finally go through last night...no reason, just tried it and it went through after countless previous attempts to upgrade failed.

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you very much for the information provided. 

If anyone else is having issues with receiving the update. Please send me a PM with your name and mobile number, I will check if we can request for it to be pushed out to your device. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
ktownsend3240
What is a PM?
0 Likes
hudtownman
Enthusiast - Level 3

PM = Private Message.

In the upper right hand of you browser, underneath the "Search" button, there is "messages" link which takes you to a private message inbox where you can private message forum members.

0 Likes
ktownsend3240
Thanks I figured the PM out right after my question, lol
0 Likes