Using phone without google login?
pearson100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Reading the new privacy policy of Google makes me nervous. How can I use an Android phone without being logged into my Google account?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Using phone without google login?
Wildman
Legend

What did you read recently that has change from the original policies to make you nervous?  If you do not want to use the Google log on all you have to do is not log into the Market of gMail account on the device but without this a number of the devices functions wont work as designed.

Actually if you dont setup a gMail account there wont be anything fr the applications to log into.

0 Likes
pearson100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Both Google Market, gmail was set up initially on my phone. Now, when I turn on the phone, is it an automatic login to Google, or can I control that? In other words, if I just don't use the gmail or Android or Calendar app, am I then *not* logged into my Google account?

Thanks.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/google-sees-profit-in-tracking-users/2012/01/25/gI...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

somewhere in your accounts and settings there are the accounts that it syncs. remove your gmail account. you will then likely have to login every time you go to the market, but you should remain logged out of most of the google stuff.

0 Likes
pearson100
Enthusiast - Level 3

What if you still keep your google gmail account but don't have automatical syncing? Does this mean that when I first turn on my phone, I won't get logged onto my google account? Or does having a google account automatically get you logged in when you turn on your phone?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

NOTHING has changed. It'sall FUD being passed around. All opt outs work like it did before.

The only change was they combined all 50+ policies for all their services to make it easier to read. Would you want to read all those policies?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

That was the conclusion that I came to also when I first read this post, there has been a bunch of excitement about the change but from what I have learned when this was first implimited that nothing was changing except the wording to simplify things..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds to me here some were the Op should get an Iphone if he or she wants a safer experience going to said Market?  would i be right Wildman an as for the market it to seems the same as it always has or it looks the same. An as for having to worry about Logging in I haven't had to yet O it comes up with that Warning when looking thru the apps an i get to the End of them.. but other than that it works pretty good.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

A iPhone market may be a workable solution but since the user has a android they might just want to understand the changes made by google policies first before getting upset..

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/updating-our-privacy-policies-and-terms.html

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well maybe what Google did by funneling all things into one was make it a easier for all Google users.

0 Likes