VCAST Media Manager
AnAmerican

Are you kidding me! Tried downloading the VCAST Media Manager and found it is not compatible with 64 Bit Windows7......

Any other options there for Music until Verizon gets its act together?

0 Likes
Re: VCAST Media Manager
mikeyflysit

I have the same problem. I just used Windows Explorer to transfer music from my computer to my Droid. Same with movies.

0 Likes
john185

Did you use the USB cable for this?

0 Likes
AnAmerican

Also just tried Double Twist.  Worked on set up but now all sync "fail"!

Nice! Why can't APPLE just get there stuff here to Verizon so I don't have have to screw around with the DROID mess!

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Here is some steps to download music to your Droid X...Hope this helps!

• Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable
  • From the home screen, touch and hold the status bar (located at the top of the display).

• Drag the window shade to the bottom of the display.

• Touch USB connection.

• Touch USB Mass Storage then touch OK.

• From File Explorer / Finder on the computer, create a new music folder in Removable Disk (X:smileyhappy:.
    Removable Disk (X:smileyhappy: represents the SD Card installed in the device. This name may vary.

• Use the computer to copy music and other audio files into the newly created folder.
    For any accompanying artwork in JPEG format, rename the art file albumart.jpg and copy into the same folder as the music files.
  • To further organize files, create a subfolder in the newly created music folder and copy desired music files into it.
0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Thanks for that Ms_Shonta ...

So, a follow-up question, and I want you to be specific for us.

- on the SD Card, the folder name MUST be = "music"  ... lower case, upper case, matter?

- what about Videos?  another folder called = "video" or "videos" or what?

- any other folders that we must define on that card?

thanks

0 Likes
shystie1

Cody21 wrote:

Thanks for that Ms_Shonta ...

So, a follow-up question, and I want you to be specific for us.

- on the SD Card, the folder name MUST be = "music"  ... lower case, upper case, matter?

- what about Videos?  another folder called = "video" or "videos" or what?

- any other folders that we must define on that card?

thanks

Yeah what Cody21 said

PS: Give me a 64 bit option Verizon

0 Likes
BigCTexas

For 64 bit Windows try:

http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-EN/Consumer-Support/Software/Motorola-Media-Link

IMO, it works better than v cast which is somewhat bloated and slow on a 32 bit system.

0 Likes
AnAmerican

When I change to Mass Media then computer will not read the DRoid x is connected.

Nothing seems to work on this thing!

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

"Nice! Why can't APPLE just get there stuff here to Verizon so I don't have have to screw around with the DROID mess!"

I'm sorry, I don't mean to thread crap on this, but where exactly is your issue?  Yes, VCAST is garbage and had it's time in the sun years ago..time to shut it down!  But, honestly, where is there a "DROID mess"?  If someone can't figure out how to use a simple yet powerful device to perform a VERY simple task like transfering media via USB without being locked down to a restrictive iTunes application then you really should just use a normal phone and use your ipod for music.

Ditch VCAST and just use windows.

Windows 7 and DROID/ MOTOROLA have an extremely intuitive, easy to use tool called "media share" which is supported fully by DROID. 

• Plug in your phone via USB and wait a second.
  • Your phone will have a notification that "connections are available"
  • Pull down your notification bar and change the USB connectin to "Windows Media Share"
  • Allow the device to install drivers.
  • Windows will pop up a very lovely easy to understand application to guide you with ALL your syncing and backing up processes.

So, stop trashing Verizon and the DROID for your misunderstanding of a simple technology.

see screenshot below...
dxmedia

0 Likes