VCast Tone Downloads
LKarpel

I purchased two VCast ringtones today. They both downloaded as text messages with the ringtone as an mp3 attachment to the text message. The instructions stated to open the attachment and select save as ringtone. The problem is when I do this I get an error message - unable to complete. When I bought the Droid X some of the ringtones transferred from my older phone listed did not work including the ones I just purchased. There are others that transferred that when selected play something completely different. The rest of the present ringtones work just fine. I do not know what to do at this point.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VCast Tone Downloads
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Do you have your media or Droid X  Synced with your PC? The ringtones may be in a unrecognized format. There are also several applications that people use to create ringtones. Click here for a link about ringtones on the Droid X From our site.

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Do you have your media or Droid X  Synced with your PC? The ringtones may be in a unrecognized format. There are also several applications that people use to create ringtones. Click here for a link about ringtones on the Droid X From our site.

Thank you

0 Likes
HLOPPEN

I am not able to download my ringtone purchases from the VZW market.  I have followed all directions and when I try to save the attachment it gives me an error:  "Error Saving Attachment".  I have searched all of the boards and web for any answers... no luck. 

They are all MP3 format.  Thanks for any suggestions!

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

HLOPPEN wrote:

I am not able to download my ringtone purchases from the VZW market.  I have followed all directions and when I try to save the attachment it gives me an error:  "Error Saving Attachment".  I have searched all of the boards and web for any answers... no luck. 

They are all MP3 format.  Thanks for any suggestions!

HLOPPEN,

I can understand your frustrations with not being able to download your ringtone purchases!  I would be more than happy to assist you!

First, where did you purchase the ringtones, online (My Verizon website from a PC) or from the Application on the phone?

Let me know so I can further troubleshoot for you.

0 Likes
dovedl

I am having the exact same problem.  The 2 ringtones were ordered via the computer through Verizon and sent to my phone via text message.  When i try to save the ringtone to my phone It will give me an error message saying "Error saving attachment".  I have a droid 2 and I have restarted it and taken the battery and sd out and put them back in.  I would appreciate an answwer asap before I throw the phone in the street and run over it several times.  Thank you.

0 Likes