VERIZON MESSAGES NEW UPDATE
mrmatthew
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear Verizon Support-

I just upgraded my Verizon Messages app to the latest version 5.6.6. It claims you can schedule a message to be sent at a later time/date. I have followed the instructions listed below from your Support site that say, "Tap the Menu icon in the top-right corner (i.e., three dots). Tap Scheduled Messages." Yet all that's under the menu is "customize." I've tried all the instructions and searched everywhere for the answer and still cannot figure out how to schedule a message. I've even cleared re-installed, cleared data, cleared cache and set app back to default settings. Could you please instruct me step by step on how to schedule messages?

MY PHONE STATS:

RAM size: 2GB

ROM size: 16GB

DISPLAY: 1280×720 HD

SYSTEM VERSION: 24.13.2 obakem_verizon.Verizon.en.US

MODEL NUMBER: Droid Mini

SYSTEM INFORMATION: Motorola ANDROID VERSION: 4.4.4 KitKat

BUILD NUMBER: SU6-7.2

VERIZON INSTRUCTIONS:

Schedule a Message.

You can set up scheduled messages with Verizon Messages version 5.6 or newer.

To schedule a message from the Conversation List screen:

Tap the Menu icon in the top-right corner (i.e., three dots).

Tap Scheduled Messages.

Tap the Compose icon (i.e, pen).

Tap the To field or select a contact from the RECENT CONTACTS list.

Enter a contact's name or a phone number.

Select a contact.

Tap the Type a message field.

Enter your message.

Tap the Send icon.

Select a date and time to send the message.

Tap Schedule.

You've successfully scheduled a message.

OR

To schedule a message from a conversation:

Tap the Type a message field.

Touch and hold the Send icon.

Select an option for scheduling your message.

Note: If you select "later," you'll be taken to a screen to choose a specific date and time.

- Matthew

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON MESSAGES NEW UPDATE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mrmatthew,

We know having the application features you need most is important! Lets get this fixed. Just to confirm, you are in the "Conversation List screen" when you tap the 3 dots in the corner correct? or walk me through what you see on the screen where your tapping the 3 dots(menu) in the corner.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrmatthew
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm on the screen under Conversations, the first subtitle Messages. I can see the circled pen. In the upper right hand corner there's a magnifying glass & to the right of that is 3  vertical dots. When I click on them all the comes up is "customize." When I click it, it takes me to the customization screen...no scheduler option. On the left hand size there is 3 horizontal lines. When pushed it slides out the profile picture with "driving mode," "settings," etc. None lead to a schedule sender. Also, when I push the pen, it takes me to the box where I can type a persons name to text. However, it doesn't drop down my contact list as I type like the previous version. I have to go through 3 steps to obtain a contact to text. This visual layout is too bulky and the subtitles are not necessary. Your last version was great. This one requires too much pressing of several buttons in order to accomplish a simple text. The customization is much more confusing. I'm also receiving around 70% of incoming & outgoing text. I've researched it for almost 48 hours and I've done everything possible other than resetting my phone to default (which I will not do for 1 bad app). My phone is also NOT rooted. Verizon comes out with great apps but then they update them constantly and they get worse and worse with each upgrade without a chance to revert back to   previous version. So, you don't know how it will work or if you'll like it until you upgrade. That makes the customers the guinea pigs. I already had to stop using Verizon Cloud cause no online or in-store techs couldn't fix it. Same thing with VZ Protect cause it was draining my battery tremendously fast and blocking website after website. McAfee sucks. I'm a tech myself and have worked for AT&T U-verse for several years now. So could you please not follow protocol or script and just tell me what to do instead of playing text tag. If you can't or don't want to do, please let me know and I'll just go to a Verizon store and decide whether to keep dking this. Which I would hate to do because I like Verizon coverage and have 10 phones and tablets on my account. Hope to hear back from you very soon. Thank you.

0 Likes
mrmatthew
Enthusiast - Level 3

I replied to your question and have given you all the information that you asked for on top of all the information I previously posted, but I haven't heard back from anyone in support. I would really like to get this fixed since I pay for texting service, so I can decide whether I should delete another Verizon app and find another to use. It can't be that difficult to explain where the "scheduled Messaging" is located within the program. Also, after pressing the "pencil icon" at the bottom of the "Conversations" page and then being taken to the "To" box and I start to type a person name in the box at the top, a menu DOES NOT drop down of my contacts showing results as I type as it has always done in the past. It's one very easy question of guidance and a second of possible reasons why a function that has always worked, isn't working anymore...e.g.,"It's a current bug, I have a setting wrong,"...etc. Or has my support discussion been closed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mrmatthew,

We haven't abandoned you. We want you to be able to use the app it to its fullest capabilities. From what you've described and have already tried, it does sound like the app is a little buggy on your phone. This can be caused by something else interferring with the functionality of the app or there could be a conflict between the new version and the software version on your phone. The best option would be to report what's happening directly to the app's development team. You can do this by visting the Play Store app on your phone. Once there, search for Verizon Messages and open the app page. At the bottom of the page, there's and option to Send Email. This will allow you to forward your device information and app symptoms directly to the development team for further assistance.

ShawnteJ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrmatthew
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll give it a try. However, if they can't resolve the issue, do I come back here and inform you or is there a way to rollback the version by maybe you sending me an apk. file or something?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update, mrmatthew. Based on what has been covered so far, it would be more efficient to work with the app development team going forward. We have verified the directions on scheduling messages has been followed correctly, yet the option just isn't showing up on your Droid Mini. Something that is specific like this would best be handled from the app developer's side of things, as it might require a custom solution that only they could assist with. That said, we do not have access to previous versions of applications, and are only able to distribute these type of files via offical methods, such as Play Store.
RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
mrmatthew
Enthusiast - Level 3

I followed your instructions and haven't heard from the app development team up to this day. So, for a week now, I've been trying to figure out the solution myself and I've tried everything. I've uninstalled the app, rebooted my phone, installed the app, rebooted again and when I open it up it would work but only for a matter of minutes and the scheduled messaging plus would disappear and the typing in a contact would not bring up any names. Then I remembered something. The last version had a bug that I found. The notification sound for the app would stop working. Trial after trial, I finally found the cause of the dilemma. If the “Display notification in the status bar” wasn’t checked in the settings, the sound would stop working. If it was checked, viola, it worked. Although I didn't want this feature enabled but learned to live with it till they found a solution. So, I uninstalled the app, rebooted my phone, installed the app, rebooted again and everything was working and I waited for 24 hours to see if anything stopped. Well, it ran just fine. So, I tediously went in to the settings, and changed ONE setting at a time and waited for hours to see if it continued to work. At this point, it still working and I have only 2 settings left to inspect. “Display notification in the status bar” is still checked and “integrated messaging” is still checked. The problem is I don't want these options. So, if when I found out which setting is the culprit, I'll have to uninstall the app, reboot my phone, install the app, reboot my phone again because changing the settings back to default DOES NOT make it start working again. You have to go through the entire process from the beginning. My money is on “Display notification in the status bar since they never caught that bug the last go around. However, it could be since “scheduled messaging” is completely new and the whole program has had a GUI upgrade, (which I find to be a downgrade), “integrated messaging” could be the culprit because if you start the app without DATA or WIFI turned on, it pops up a warning. I believe the “integrated messaging” might be the train for the “scheduled messaging” and you need the DATA or WIFI for it to operate. I want neither, (“Display notification in the status bar” or “integrated messaging”), of these options. This makes me extremely  leery to update my apps or software since Verizon Support has yet to find any problem I've found and since you cannot roll back the version.

However, I have a new problem since this fiasco started. Now, as I stated before, I have not installed nor have I uninstalled apps or made any changes whatsoever to my phone before or after I upgraded the Verizon Messages app. But, now my “Battery full notification” sound has completely stopped working. I've tried a few things with no luck but have been focused on the Verizon Messages problem. ALL the OTHER notification sounds work perfectly. Yet, I do not use them at all. I only use the “Battery full notification” because once my type of internal battery reaches 100%, if left charging it will destroy the battery slowly or very quickly unless removed from charging. And I don't want to have to send my phone away to pay an exuberant amount of money to have the battery changed since it is un-removable. So, would it be possible that you could assist me with THIS problem…please. Without following the support script or passing the buck as they say. I know how support works, because I was in support for years for one of the biggest companies in America…Convergys. And believe me; Convergys is VERY strict on customer support and also number one. The customer ALWAYS comes first and you HAVE to find the solution to the problem or it’s your head. Therefore, I'm asking and begging for an answer to this “Battery full notification” sound disappearing malfunction to please be fixed. I've been with Verizon for years and have an account with over 10 phones and tablets on it and pay up to $500.00/month for my plan. I feel that entitles me to some exceptionally and superb support. This last year has been a nightmare with so many problems with all our smartphones and tablets. Having to go from person to person online and even store to store for resolutions and NOT getting any resolutions but instead spending more and more money for the solution.

1. P.S. Will the developers or anyone else even get notified of this possible bug that I've found? And has the duplication problem when syncing to the cloud ever been resolved?
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mrmatthew, I understand wanting to get all of your concerns addressed. It is important to us that these are addressed as well. Regarding the scheduling of messages please try the following steps:

•    While in a conversation, write your message
•    LONG PRESS on the send 'arrow' to reveal the DELAY
•    Select the Time Delay you prefer
•    NOTE: This shortcut is not visible with some custom backgrounds.

The battery full notification troubles when did you notice this begin? Any other updates done to the phone? Any applications around that time?  Please try the following http://vz.to/1PjOAid charge the phone and see if you get the notification sound.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jezza819
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah the update to Messages seems to have messed a lot of things. I don't have LED notification of a text anymore. Light flow installed, uninstalled, doesn't matter.