VERY DISAPPOINTED!
smoseley
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, I have an Incredible 2 and about 6 months ago (if that), I had to have a replacement phone because my phone would not charge...the port was loose, and it wouldn't do a thing.  It wasn't the battery because one of the VZ managers took my battery out and charged it for me.  However, all of a sudden 2 days ago, this replacement phone has done the exact same thing.  Now, I have no phone to use.  Suggestions?  I am very disappointed! This is the second one, and i DO NOT want a replacement of the SAME phone, for it to end up doing the same thing a third time.  I would like to have a phone to use and I also pay insurance on my phone every month.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: VERY DISAPPOINTED!
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

smoseley wrote:

So, I have an Incredible 2 and about 6 months ago (if that), I had to have a replacement phone because my phone would not charge...the port was loose, and it wouldn't do a thing.  It wasn't the battery because one of the VZ managers took my battery out and charged it for me.  However, all of a sudden 2 days ago, this replacement phone has done the exact same thing.  Now, I have no phone to use.  Suggestions?  I am very disappointed! This is the second one, and i DO NOT want a replacement of the SAME phone, for it to end up doing the same thing a third time.  I would like to have a phone to use and I also pay insurance on my phone every month.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Im sorry y ou are having those problems, but under the T&C of your warranty it will be replaced with the same phone. The insurance protects the phone if the phone is lost, stolen, or damaged, and gives your phone extended warranty if you have the TEC coverage. If you dont want the same phone as a replacement, you can send your phone directly to the manufacturer for them to fix it. You will be without a phone but at least you will most likely get your same phone back. You can also buy a phone 3rd party and activate it, or buy a phone at Full Retail Cost from Verizon. Those are your options.

0 Likes
lstojhovic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact problem with the same phone. This is the second time this has happened. I am currently waiting on the full price phone I purchased to arrive since I refuse to go through this again. I will be dropping the insurance program from my bill. There's no reason to have it since I have to get the same phone (refurbished). Why would I pay to have insurance on a phone when the replacement will break again in 6 months and its not even new.

mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

To protect your investment. What if you lose, break, damage your phone or gets stolen? Instead of your deductible, you will have to pay for a new device AGAIN.

0 Likes
lstojhovic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand you point. However, with the struggles I have gone through and knowing the phone I receive will be used...I'll take my chances. I'm very disappointed in the insurance program. I chose not to pay for something I am not happy with.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

I dont understand the point people make when they say their replacement phone is used. When your phone needs a warranty or insurance claim, it is not a brand new device. Its used. Under the warranty you also have the option of sending your phone to the manufacturer to be fixed, but that takes a couple of weeks. But at least you will get your original, USED device back.

0 Likes
PolarBear44

This entire phone is a design flaw. I've been through 6 Inc. 2's and all of them have had the exact same problems, charging port issues, freeze issues, and not to mention the lack of an ICS update. The Internet is bloated with forums on the exact same problems yet Verizon would rather continue replacing it with the same junk than replace it with something different. I offered to pay the upgrade fee even after paying over $100 in shipping fees to get replacements after replacement to get anything new but their reply was that I wasn�t eligible yet. My advice, if you have insurance on it, flush it down the toilet and get anything you can to save yourself massive headaches with this Incredible piece of crap! Id suggest a new carrier too who does the right thing when the customer has an obviously valid problem with defective merchandise.

0 Likes
mg121

The micro usb is small and fragile. I learned the hard way when I had the same problem with an ENV 2. I learned that if I used the phone WHILE it was charging, the the small, fragile piece flexes and it will eventually break. Ever since then when I charge my phone, I try not to use it, and I make sure the cord is straight and flat going into the phone to not put stress on the port. I have not had a problem since then. 6 phones?! That is either extremely bad luck or you are doing something to the phones unintentionally to cause them to act that way, especially since it is the exact same problem. Close out any apps that you have open to help prevent the freezing. Remember this is a single core phone, not a dual core phone so it is not well with multitasking. If you have a game that is still using the CPU, then it would cause the operating system to be slow because of it. The phone is a small computer, remember that. Sometimes it is good to reboot the phone to flush the memory. I suspect some applications have a memory leak and consume the memory. I have had my DINC 2 for almost a year without a problems.

0 Likes